Chapter 1 part 1

[Timeline: ANHS Entrance Ceremony]
[Location: Bus]
[Yu pov]

*All passengers, we are approaching Tokyo Metropolitan Advanced Nurturing High School. I repeat, All passengers...* As the announcement from the speaker was ongoing, I opened my eyes.

Still groggy from recently opening my eyes after a short rest, I gave an unfocused stare at the back of the seat in front of me. Continuing this action for several seconds. I, then felt the bus slowing to a stop and the doors opening.

I stood up from my seat, and waited for sometime for the crowd of students to lessen to a comfortable degree. I then walked out of the bus. I take several steps forward and stop in a bit of a distance away from the opening made from natural rock and the cleanly paved path.

"So this will be my school..." I said so in a small mutter, in a volume that would normally not be heard. Just as I was about to continue my journey towards the school gate...

"Wait!" I was stopped by a guy with a lock of blonde hair. After giving a quick glance at him, he seems to be quite frail looking and a bit timid judging by his body language.

'Hm? Was he perhaps speaking to me?' I am a bit confused as to why he is standing behind me, perfectly facing and speaking in my direction. Since I was still inwardly questioning as to why he would be speaking to me, I temporarily ignored him. After a few seconds of being alone in my thoughts, I turned around after making sure that nobody else is paying attention to him as far as I can see.

"Yes? What is it?" I asked him as I was curious why he called me out.

"Oh, thank god. I thought he didn't hear me." He says in a small mutter that I heard as he is in my hearing range. 'It would probably be bad to tell him I can hear him huh?'

"Hello! My name is In Jae. I came from South Korea, and I am here to learn more about Japanese culture and gain the best education from this country! Nice to meet you!!" he introduced himself in an excessively loud manner as if to hide his shaking shoulders full of anxiety.

"I'm Yu." I replied to him in a curt manner. Though I might have come off as someone disinterested...

"Oh... Hello, Yu-san! You can just call me Injae or Jay like my close friends do! WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE MY FRIEND?!" he- or rather In Jae, says in an expectant and very loud voice, loud enough that I am sure that at least 99% of the nearby students would be looking at our direction.

"Sure." I responded calmly as if to say that his very loud action is unnecessary, and can be done more discreetly.

"Oh... OH! OKAY! Then I'll call you, 'Yu' then, okay?!" he said in response and shortly after bolted from where he is located, probably just now being self conscious about the antention he is garnering from his actions.

'My first friend...' Needless to say I am quite unsure as to what I should be feeling at the moment. But one thing is clear. I finally managed to make a friend. Though, this is something I did not expect. But with this I should be a bit closer to reaching my goal. I wonder what else is in store for me in this school?

Chapter 1 part 1 end