Best laid plans

The afternoon flew past. Otabek had a good head on his shoulders. He was smarter than he looked. He was also really good at taking in what was going on, turning the information over quickly, to come up with many plans. These plans he went over with the others seated around him.

As the afternoon began to shift toward evening, the crowd around them began to change. The kids went home, the adults began to get out of work. The café went from friendly kids enjoying the afternoon off, to parents rushing to pick up something for their kids to eat for dinner.

The group who had sat at the table stood. Otabek pushed in his chair, before reaching over to do the same to Yuri's. He smiled at the group facing him. Holding out his hand they all covered it with one of theirs. They looked like some school athletic team huddled up beside their bench.

"Lets do this." Otabek grinned.

"Finally, some action!" Blond Yuri scuffed.

"We are on the move!" Phichit giggled.

"One step at a time." Yuuko cautioned.

"Let's save Viktor." Dark haired Yuri blushed.

"On to a better life." Viktor whispered.

They separated then. Viktor led the way to the bus stop. They had an hour before they were to meet the owner of the ice rink. Otabek had called a friend of his. It was someone else who worked in the organization he did. The guy was a lawyer. He agreed to meet the four friends right before their meeting with the owner.

Otabek took his Yuri to where he left his motorcycle. As he pulled the helmets out of the little trunk like box, Yuri looked up at him.

"You really think this will work?" the small blond demanded.

Otabek shrugged. "There are many variables that we have to consider. Anything can happen. One thing I've learned..." He said as he swept his leg over the seat of the bike.

"... is any plan must be flexible." He smiled up at the young teen.

Yuri caught his shoulder as he swung on behind him. Wrapping his arms around Otabek's waist, he leaned up placing his chin on the dark haired teen's shoulder.

"You have to know they are idiots." He insisted. Otabek laughed.

He started the motorcycle. "According to you, everyone is an idiot." He called out as he turned to check the flow of traffic.

As Otabek watched the bus pull away with their four conspirators on it, he swore he heard a mumbled reply. Yuri had sat back, ducking his blond head down against Otabek's back. The driver was certain he heard the blond mutter a 'not you, mostly.'

Otabek couldn't help but chuckled as he maneuvered the bike into the line of traffic flowing past. They headed out to a warehouse on the outskirts of the town. Here they would meet up with the others they needed to finish up this insane plan the dark teen had come up with. It was nice that the person they had focused on to take down, just happened to be the one who had adopted their youngest member.

Yuri Plisetsky was small for his age. His hair was longer than most boys, giving him an even softer look. Many mistook him for a young female until they saw the scowl on his face. How Yakov thought he could tame this wild adolescent was beyond those who worked with the teen. Yuri Plisetsky was his own kind of crazy, they were all glad they had it on their side!

"OK, that's pretty much it, for now. It details just what you are expecting out of this deal. Pretty standard." The attorney told them as he wrapped up his notes.

"Let me run over to the business next door. I can get this printed out and be back in time for the meeting." He assured them.

"Do not hand over or agree to any money before I come back." He cautioned before hurrying away.