Sweet dreams

⚠️ smut⚠️

Viktor heard the lock click. He wasn't surprised. It wasn't the first time Yakov locked him inside his own room. In a way he would have been more upset if he hadn't. Viktor watched the fire dance. He got up to go make some hot chocolate. As his hands want through the familiar task, his mind wandered.

He berated himself for lying to Yuri, to them all. He would give them the money, of that he was certain. But he knew, Yakov was right. Viktor Nikiforov had no future. He would deal with the fall out. For him, it would be just another broken heart. He walked back to his chair. Sitting down he sipped the hot drink as he put his feet up.

How long was Yakov going to keep him prisoner, he pondered. The last time it was nearly a full year. He chuckled at that. It was a sad sound in the empty room. That was his life. Loneliness and emptiness. Sometimes he considered...

No, he couldn't do that! He wouldn't do what his mother had done. Taking his own life wasn't a way out. It only proved Yakov would truly win. Viktor set the cup down on the table beside him. He drew the blanket up over his long frame. It had felt nice to be back on the ice. His eyes were growing heavy. In his mind he brought up an image of Yuri.

As he slipped into sleep, he let his mind dream. It was nice to see a life he wished for.

The beach was sunny, the water crystal clear. He walked barefoot on the sand, it squished between his toes. He laughed as the water lapped over his feet making the sand even squishier. Behind him heard the soft cry of surprise.

Turning around Viktor took in a lovely sight. Yuri was walking toward him. He had a button up shirt on. It was open flapping at his sides in the summer breeze. His pale bare chest had splotches of color on it as did his cheeks. He was walking with his arms up, a bucket in one hand, the other held the champagne from their room.

Yuri was daintily placing his feet. From what Viktor could tell, he was trying to stay off of the hotter sand. Viktor laughed louder. This caused the dark head to jerk upwards. Color flared even brighter on those soft pale cheeks.

"This isn't funny, Viktor! You're so far away." Yuri called out.

"Want me to come back for you?" he asked.

Yuri paused in a deep pool of soft wet sand. "No, just stay put." He ordered waving the champagne bottle. Viktor planted his feet in the sand.

As he watched, Yuri went back to carefully placing his feet. He didn't look up. Viktor's smile grew as the man came closer to him. When he was nearly on top of Viktor, the silver haired vixen leaned forward.

"Boo." He cried softly into one ear.

"Ahh!" Yuri yelled throwing up his hands.

As he began to fill backward, Viktor looped his arm around his back. He caught the startled male easily in his arms. Bending over him, he placed a kiss to the sun warmed lips of the man. Yuri let out a sigh as he relaxed into Viktor's arms. The champagne bottle was cold against Viktor's back, even through the light shirt he wore.

Drawing away from the kiss, Viktor gazed down into the dark eyes of the man. "Why have you chased me this far?" he purred.

"Did you forget the reasons for our little holiday?" Yuri asked.

The dark haired male still cling to Viktor's shoulders. The bucket was looped around Yuri's wrist. It slid down his arm to rest in the crook of his elbow. The champagne bottle was held firmly in his other hand as it sat against Viktor's shoulder.

"How could I forget, my love?" he purred.

Drawing his left hand up over the bare warm skin of the other's chest, he settled it there. Upon the third finger glistened a brand new wedding band. The sun glinted from the gold making it sparkle in the shadow of the rock Viktor had pulled Yuri under.