Grandfather

The eldest Katsuki male sat down at the head of the table. He had already seated his grandson next to him on his left. Yuri's father took the spot across from his son. Men in suits lined the outside of the building as well as around the room. Otabek gestured for Viktor to sit next to Yuri. He took the next seat making Yurio sit beside him.

"Tell me everything." The man at the head of the table said.

"Wait, why haven't I seen you since I was six? Why are you here now?" Yuri asked. He swallowed hard when his grandfather arched an eyebrow.

"Sir." Yuri added as he bowed his head.

"Your father and I had a difference of opinion on how to handle your competitors during your skating days." His grandfather huffed.

"What? You were going to take out a six year old?" Yuri gasped.

"Meh." The man waved his hand. "Didn't need to kill the kid just make it so he couldn't skate." He simplified.

"That's cold." Viktor muttered.

"That is my life." The man did not sound smug, sorry or anything but making a simple statement.

"Now, your situation with this Yakov?" grandfather pressed.

For the next several minutes Viktor did all the talking. Yuri sat in awe at how his voice filled the room. Viktor didn't seem at all intimidated by the man before him. He told him everything. How Yakov found him, how he made him what he was, how he wasn't ever going to let him go.

"Well, we shall see about that." Grandfather muttered into his cupped hands.

His eyes roamed around the table. They landed on the blond Yuri setting slouched in his seat. The teen straightened up, barely holding back the sigh or rolling his eyes. The others tried not to laugh at him.

"You, what is your story?" Grandfather demanded.

"Nothing much." Yurio spat out.

The two stared at each other for a long time. Neither speaking as Grandfather kept his cupped hands folded under his chin. Yurio began to squirm.

"Fine. I was in a foster home. They found out I was flexible. Could squeeze through tight places, things like that. Then one day this Madame came. She took a liking to my ability. She decided she was going to train me in ballet. I lived with her for about six months when Yakov saw me." Yurio looked away.

He fidgeted with the strings on his hoodie. "I was decent at ballet, but superior at more criminal antics. Yakov employed me, shall we call it. He adopted me since I was so young. I didn't ask questions but often snuck into places to steal things for him." Yurio shrugged as if this was no big deal.

"During one of these jobs, I met Otabek. He told me the real tale of who Yakov was. I discovered I was helping someone who hurt people. He traded in human lives." Yurio shivered at that.

"I began to help Otabek to bring him down. I even became nicer to Viktor since I realized just what Yakov was doing to him." He added.

"Oh, that was nicer?" Viktor grinned wickedly at the younger boy. Yurio tsked at him.

"You're just like him though, aren't you?" Otabek asked.

Grandfather eyed him silently for a long moment. He drew in a deep breath. Letting it out he lowered his hands. Placing them palms down on the table, he looked down at them.

"I used to be." Grandfather offered.

"Losing my son, my grandson..." He reached over to squeeze Yuri's shoulder.