Chapter 1 - I am not ready yet

Mom, " Huan jie! You cannot keep ignoring our words anymore! . We want what is best for you. You are already 26 and you are still not married yet ! What will people think!???."

Dad, " Your mom is right . We can't delay this any longer if you can't find a husband we will find one for you, do you understand?"

My head is bowed down to the ground, not daring to look at my two angry birthgivers. I have finally ran out of excuses to pacify them. And me being independent and a working lady won't help to calm their fire either .

I am 26 this year and I am still not married. There is nothing wrong with me ! I just did not want to get married to someone I don't have feelings for that's it . I know it's silly. But its really the truth and after hearing their voice this time around, I know they are not gonna take anything except for a meeting with the in laws right this moment.

Mom " You can marry our previous neighbours Lao's son he is smart , a doctor and you know eachother well it will be perfect!!!"

"NO MOM! I have already told you that I am not interested in him!! He already has a girlfriend too!!!"

Mom" so what as long as the parents are happy the kids cannot intervene"

" Mom that is disgusting, are you out of your mind ! "

Dad " That is no way to speak to your mother!!!"

"Really dad you too , you all are just too old fashioned. I can't take this! I won't be getting married! "

Dad" You have to think about are family reputation! If you don't we will arrange a marriage FOR YOU ! "

" ABSOLUTELY NOT ! Not on my watch whatever I am going out ! "

I grabbed my black purse and turned around, put on my black heels and stormed out of that house. I could hear my parents screaming for me to come back . But I don't think I will not right now, my head is a mess and I am boiling with rage.I walked pretty far and got a taxi, the diver asked me where would I want to go and i told him to drop me at a popular bar. What can't be fixed with some booze .

I step out of the taxi. My heels clink on hitting the cement below, I step out , closing the door behind me. The vehicle zooms away . I stand there still it was a chilly night and I was wearing just my office clothes.

Damn I forgot to take my jacket with me , that why they were yelling, probably to take that with me if it gets cold. God I am stupid. But whatever today is me day and I am going to relax and come up with a solution for this !! .