1. Partners in Crime

"Get your lazy ass up" Leon grumbles shaking his partners sleeping body gently but enough to wake her from her slumber.

"Let me sleep in leon" She groggily groans, slinging her arm over her eyes to protect them from the bright sunlight shining through the window.

"Your always sleeping in" he says crossing his arms over one another "We have a mission to get ready for and you decided to get wasted the night before dumbass" He says pulling her blanket off

"Let me have my drinking problem in peace" She groans and pulls back the blanket, angrily throwing it over her head

"I mean it Y/n. Your depending on it to help you sleep. Thats not oka-" he begins suddenly with a serious tone.

"Fucking hell Kennedy" Y/n groan's finally sitting up. Hair sticking to her face but still frayed everywhere. "Im fine."

Leon receives a glare from his (h/c) bed-headed partner. He closes his eyes and sighs deeply.

"Listen im just worried. You only do that when..you know..the nightmares. Look if you need me to sleep with you agai-"

"Leon. Stop. I said I'm fine. I hear enough of you saying Adas name in your sleep from across the room. I don't need it in my ear." Her face grows red and she chuckles lightly, swinging her legs over the couch she had passed out on. Groaning in pain from her massive headache, she presses her hand into her forehead

"Alright Alright." He says putting his hands up in defeat "you good tho?" He says placing his large hand on her back.

Y/n shudders from his sudden touch and looks at him weakly, her lips formed in a slight frown.

Leon and Y/n hadn't left each others side since the events of Raccoon City. Trauma bonded at its best, the two shared a small one bedroom one bathroom apartment. They had a pretty large room, that fit both of their beds that were across the room from each other.

Its not that they couldn't afford better, it was more the effort of leaving something behind when it was once all they had when they first left Raccoon city. It was their safe space.

Y/n takes a deep breath and gets up from her spot, feeling woozy at first she stumbled a bit. Leon notices and quickly takes a protective step towards her in which she raises her hand to stop him.

He sighs and nods, taking a step back and allowing her to do her own thing.

She slowly and groggily walks towards the bathroom, shutting the door with one hand on the knob and the other on the frame.

Turning to look at herself in the mirror, she sees tired eyes with dark bags staring back at her.

She was a mess to say the least. It was every now and then when the past would catch up with her. She never knew what happened to her family and friends, as Raccoon City was destroyed, obliterated in fact. Seeing the flesh eating monsters had gotten easier with her job but that didn't mean it still didn't haunt her when she was alone.

Leon knew this to. He heard her soft cries during the night while she slept and tossed and turned in her bed. At first he'd sit at the edge of her bed and placing his hand on her shoulder to let her know she wasn't alone. Eventually his single hand wasn't enough so he got closer and closer and would occasionally lay beside her sleeping figure to keep her calm throughout the night, preventing her nightmares. He would listen to her soft, sometimes ragged breathing.

Sometimes the nightmares would be so bad that she'd wake up in a panic, tears streaming down her face, thinking Leon's body was one of the monsters right behind her. He'd hush her softly and tell her its okay, that it was just him, once she knew this he'd wrap his arms around her shaking body and tightly hug her.

Leon never thought anything of it. He thought he was just doing what any good partner would do and Y/n new that. She knew his actions weren't from romantic emotions but in truth, sometimes she wished it was.

She heard Leons occasional soft murmurs while he slept as well. Except it was almost always Adas name he cried out to and what Y/n assumed to be reoccurring dreams of Ada falling to her death.

Y/n sighed and turned on the bathroom sink and splashed the cold water onto her face a couple of time before turning it off and turning the shower on.

She slowly undressed, body sore from the discomfort of the couch and with a yawn she stretched her arms over her head.

Her eyes grew wide and clasped her hand to cover her mouth, she quickly bent over and opened the toilet seat, releasing last night's intoxicating substances from her stomach. She groans and hears a soft knock at the door.

"You okay in there?" Leon questions from the other side of the door.

"Yup..just dandy!" she replies, wiping her mouth she sighs and jumps into the shower. "AH FUCK" Y/n yells moving her body against the cold wall and away from the scorching hot running water. "Mother fucker" she groans and reaches over to the handle, turning it down.

Water runs down her face as she puts her head under the water. Brushing her fingers through her hair she pushes it out of her face and slicks it back.

Her eyes felt heavy and her body felt weak. She wasn't in the greatest position to go on a mission but it was important considering it was to rescue the presidents daughter.

Y/n was strong and talented in her own ways, but Leon..he was something special. Talented beyond comprehension and had extraordinary potential and combat skills.

She always felt useless compared to him, she knew the government didn't need her as much as they needed him. She felt like a burden despite his constant reassurance.

However, Leon promised to never leave her side since that day they escaped and so they allowed y/n to accompany him. They knew Leon wouldn't cooperate otherwise. Kennedy was so stubborn.

The two were partners in crime after all.

—Just to clarify I'm not going to fully follow Resident Evil 4 all the way through, I know many stories are like that and I would like to stray away from the usual basic storyline

Just to clarify I'm not going to fully follow Resident Evil 4 all the way through, I know many stories are like that and I would like to stray away from the usual basic storyline. This story will start off and go towards the RE4 storyline at first but it will only be only a couple chapters worth 5 at max I hope. I want this story to be as slow burn as possible however it's made clear y/n has feelings for Leon already.

Let me know how I did! Thank you for reading <3