5. Reminiscing

"..Ada..n-no..dont go.. Ada!"

"Leon?..Leon" Y/n whispers shaking him lightly, trying to wake him from his nightmare

"Huh?" Leon bolts up confused and dazed, looking at his surroundings he sees hes in the comfort of his own home "Ada!?..oh Y/n..sorry I didn't mean to..I..I watched her fall to her death..she..she fell out of my hand" his chest rapidly going up and down with his harsh breathing.

Y/n looks at him empathetically, her eyes softening at his distress. She sighs and grabs a cloth. Wiping the sweat off of his forehead and brushing his hair out of his face.

"Oh Leon..it's not your fault.." y/n says cupping his cheek in her hand. The room was dark. The only source of light coming from the window where the moon shined through. The curtains thin and slightly parted.

Y/n eyes had already been adjusted to the dark. She was able to see his features that she adored.Leons vision still dark from waking up so suddenly.

She placed her forehead on his. She squeezed his hand reassuringly. Leons breathing slowed down. His chest rising up and down more steadily now. He sighed deeply and scooted over, patting the now empty spot next to him.

Y/n happily accepts, jumping in almost instantly. They laid there in silence before Leon wrapped his strong arms around her body. Her breath hitches as he pulls her closer, her head now resting on his chest. She listens to his heart beat.

"Thank you..y/n"

"..anything for the best partner in the world"

Time stood still as Y/n stared at Leon. Her heart almost pounding out of her chest as she waited to see what move Leon would make.

She feared the worst. She felt that if Ada's back, Leon would never let her go again. Wondering if he would leave Y/n to fend for herself as he ran away with Ada.

Y/n saw their lips move but she heard nothing over the ringing in her ears.

She didn't want to lose the only thing she had left to live for.

Does he care about me?

Will he abandon me?

The ringing suddenly stopped when to Y/n's surprise she sees Leon hit Adas hand, moving the gun away from the back of his head. They dodge each other until Leons knife is against Adas throat.

"Try using knifes next time. Better for close encounters" Leon smugly says

"Not a bad move. Very smooth."

"So who are you working for this time?"

"Oh Leon. You know I don't work and tell."

The tension in the air seems to ease as they step back from each other.

"So nice to see you to Y/n" Ada says turning to her direction.

"Ada" Y/n scoffs and glares in return "Back from the grave?"

Ada smirks and ignores Y/n's remark, she turns back to Leon. "Leave the girl. Shes lost no matter what. You walk away now..and who knows? Maybe you'll live to meet me again"

"Yeah like thats what I'm looking forward to" Y/n mumbles to herself

Ada stops "And then I might get you that "greeting" you were looking for"

"You think I'm gonna give up that easy?"

Ada chuckles "Right..How about we continue this discussion another time?"

Leon hesitantly nods and grabs his gun. Once he turns back. Shes gone. Out of his grasp once again.

"Fuck.." Leon whispers looking down in disbelief, anger..and sadness.

"Leon are you okay..?" Y/n says placing a hand on his shoulder. He pushes it off and backs away from her.

"Not now Y/n." He sternly says as he avoids looking at her "..we need to find Ashley"

Y/n looks at him with hurt and confused eyes. She looks down at the ground and nods. "right.."

The two find Ashley crying in a room.

Y/n takes the first initial steps towards her.

"Stay back!" Ashley exclaims and scoots back quickly. "I might hurt you again..Im so scared. When that happened..I wasn't myself anymore..I was something else" she cries

"Ashley..it's okay." Y/n softly says, taking a seat next to her.

"That must have been terrifying. I-I know." Leon says stepping closer.

Ashley stops and looks at Leon with wide eyes, she gasps "You too?"

"You too..? What do you mean.." Y/n asks confused, eyebrows furrowed. Realizing Ashley isn't looking at her anymore but instead at Leon. Y/n turns around quickly. Seeing Leons arms covered in black veins.

Y/n clasps her hands over her mouth. Everything slowly piecing together for her. Leon fainting in the boat, coughing up blood. Her eyes weld with tears. She feels a sense of pain and anger.

How could he not have told me? I'm..I'm his partner..right?

"H-how..how could you keep this from me?" Y/n yells. Standing up and pushing his chest. "We're partners aren't we? How could you keep this a secret!?"

"I didn't want to worry you Y/n. Im not obligated to tell you everything anyways." Leon says standing his ground.

"Don't you think this was something I should fucking know?!"

In that moment Y/n felt her world crumble apart. She felt useless. Again. She felt that it was her fault for not stopping this. Luis said there was a treatment but what if he was wrong? What if he was lying? She would just have to lose the person she loves? The only person she had left?

Leon sighs and stays silent

"I can't believe this..I..I'm going to be sick" Y/n runs of the room in a hurry.

"Y/n-"

Y/n stumbles out of the room, turning a corner and throws up against the wall. Tears stinging her eyes. She heaves deeply and her body begins to shake and her hands start to tingle. A sharp ringing once again fills her ears and she starts to hyperventilate. She falls to her knees and cries.

Footsteps come from behind her. Before she could turn around, an object hits the back of her head. Her vision, goes black instantly.

"Leon..! She..shes gone!" Ashley says in a panic walking back into the room

Leon bolts up, his heart drops at her words. "What do you mean she's gone?!" His heavy footsteps approaching the young female.

"I cant find her anywhere..I looked in the direction she went and all I found was throw up..and a small blood trail."

—Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for not updating in a while <3

Hope you enjoyed! Sorry for not updating in a while <3