°Another World°

A normal day for the sumeru archon, has lately been involved of paperwork, paperwork... And more paperwork. Don't get Nahida wrong, she loves her people. This is temporary, until she finds an actual sage. She can't dump everything on Alhaitham. No matter how many times Wanderer tells her to: 'fuck it, just dump it on him.'

She loves solving problems, but she needs a break. Or she'll start creating more problems with her exhausted mind. Nahida placed her pen down. She glanced at the person in the small coffee table in front of her, watching him stare at his essay with a small frown.

"Wanderer, would you join me for a walk?"

He didn't look up.

"No."

Nahida was expecting that answer, but she simply placed her arms above her desk and smiled at him.

"Come on, you've been stuck here with me for two days. Surely you want to stretch your legs?"

He kept his gaze on the paper, finally writing down some of the words inside his head.

"Do not make this about me, I know you're just bored."

Nahida giggled.

"You caught me. I've been seeing words for so long..."

She sighed and tilted her head.

"I miss seeing the forest..."

A candle lit up above her head, as she suddenly got an idea. She kept her gaze on Wanderer for his reaction.

"What if... We visited the aranara?"

Wanderer stayed quiet for a minute, before he placed his pen down. He got up, grabbed his hat from the seat and walked to the door while dropping it on his head. He turned back to Nahida, seeing she hadn't moved yet.

"Aren't we going for a walk?"

Nahida giggled in victory before catching up to him.

"I'm glad to see you get along with them, they like you a lot as well."

Wanderer hummed in response, opening the doors for them. A nice breeze greeted Nahida, blowing her ponytail back. She took a deep breath, the grassy scent from the rainforest entered her lungs while her  exhaustion melted away.

Wanderer grabbed his hat so it wouldn't fly off. He also took a deep breath while closing his eyes. Finally feeling free after stepping away from that paper. Nahida walked forward, Wanderer silently followed her as they descended from the sanctuary.

"I wonder how the traveler is doing... He should be on his way to Fontaine by now."

Fontain... Wanderer frowned when he remembered Arlecchino. That sheep was sure to act nice and good on their first meeting. But he was sure the traveler would be able to see right through her. He did warn him, after all. He'll live, that's for sure. Nahida looked back at him when she didn't recieve an answer.

"Are you worried about him?"

She watched him scoff.

"Please. He's worse than a cockroach."

Nahida giggled.

"That's quite a comparison. Is he a cockroach since he didn't give up on you?"

Wanderer opened his mouth, but closed it tightly afterwards.

"... Don't analyze me, Buer."

Nahida allowed her smile to vanish slightly. He's made a lot of progress. Hopefully, he'll be more honest soon. She nodded at his words.