°Pass or Fail°

Killua yawned out of boredom. He's been waiting for Gon to come back ever since they got separated, he was a little worried he wouldn't be able to make it before the next phase begun. But his worries weren't necessary. Gon soon showed up with a bruised neck, Kurapika was helping Leorio move forward, and Nahida was dragging Wanderer behind them.

Well, drag was an overstatement. She was only grabbing his non-injured arm and tugging forward, and he followed without complain.

Wanderer felt a dangerous aura and turned towards it. Seeing Hisoka smilling at him. The clown waved at him, Wanderer growled and ignored it.

Hisoka chuckled, his eyes stared at the group. For someone to injure him like Wanderer had, it was enough to catch his interest. That little girl that's always with him too, she was using an odd power to seal his injuries. Not to mention, he was willing to protect her at the cost of his life. How interesting...

The radio hidden In his pocket started vibrating. He took it out and heard his dear Illu speak.

"What did you find?"

Wanderer could still feel that gaze on him, how gross... Hisoka smiled when Nahida glared at him.

"Two interesting toys, and an unriped fruit."

"Toys? Interesting."

A fruit was potential talent for a strong fight. But a toy was someone that caught Hisokas interest, not for a fight but for entertainment. The difference? One had a higher than to live longer. Illumi inspected the toys, there wasn't anything particularly interesting... Except the girls eyes. What a unique pupil...

Hmm, didn't he see a unique pupil somewhere else...?

Satotz gathered their attention. He pointed at the tall, white gates behind him.

"The next phase is right through this door. I wish you all the best."

With no other words, he marched back to the forest. Everyone silently stared at him before entering. Many small stations greeted them, sinks, knives, and chopping boards on each one.

Nahida had a hard time looking at everything thanks to her height. But when Wanderer tried to pick her, she shaked her head and moved away. His arm was still recovering.

They turned to the platform above a set of stairs that stood in front of them. A round man with a big belly sat beside a slim girl. Her unique hairstyle and skimpy clothing was enough to draw attention. She grinned at them while crossing her legs, one above the other.

"Welcome, to phase two! The cooking showdown!"

No one matched her enthusiasm, if anything, they were confused. Cooking? In a hunter exam? She frowned, but didn't let them bring her good mood down, and continued explaining.

"All of you will cook... Sushi!"

Everyone stared blankly at her. Why were they, wannabe hunters, making sushi? What even was that!? A man with a greasy ponytail spoke out what everyone was feeling.

"Making sushi? I'm going to be a blacklist hunter! I don't need to learn something this useless!"

He looked behind him, many others agreed. And they began chanting out 'hunter!' Nahida couldn't help but wonder what they were trying to accomplish. With the low amount of hunters, did they really think a new hunter would be assigned for this phase?

The gril 'tched'.

"Shut the hell up!!"

Once finally gaining silence, she stood up from her seat and placed a hand on her hip.