Show Your Cards

Every contestant glanced at them before leaving the wooden hut. Gon and Nahida leaned on the stone wall while waiting for Killua. Each occupied by their own thoughts about this game.
Nahida had never played a video game, she wasn't sure if being transported inside a console was normal or not. But according to Killua, it wasn't normal.

He even showed her some games he had, the small screen of his 4ds? Transported her into another world, like any book often did. Just, not physically.

She wasn't sure how it could even happen either, and since the rings were indebted with Nen, it was another thing she had to consider.

And then, there was the mysterious voice and the cards she had to collect. She had asked Gon to see his book, and discovered there were four extra card slots for collection in her book. Two of which had those cards left by the mysterious voice. The little cat resembled Wanderer, and it was in the same style as the picture book story, his memories had formed into.

But how did this figure know about that? And, why was the name Rukkhadevata so familiar? She was so occupied by her own thought, that she never noticed what Gon did. They were being watched, and every hunter that arrived seemed to notice it as well.

"We're being watched."

Gon smiled brightly at seeing him.

"Killua!"

Nahida snapped out of her thoughts and got up as well. Killua hummed while looking around.

"I don't see any towns..."

Gon nodded.

"Yeah, but everyone heading in the same direction."

They were? Nahida didn't even notice it, she was too focused on getting an answer to pay attention. A bad habit, she swallowed before pushing any, and all matters related to her questions aside. She'll find an answer eventually, there's no point in brainstorming when she doesn't have enough information.
Killua used his hands to point in two separate directions.

"They went either this way, or that way. Right?"

"Huh? How did you know?"

Killua tilted his head.

"That's where we're being watched from."

I see, everyone is going to where other players are watching. Killua looked at the horizon while pocketing his hands.

"But we don't know why, they're watching us."

Gon agreed and quietly waited for any plan Killua took. But his friend simply shrugged and started walking towards one of the directions he had pointed at. Gon and Nahida walked beside him.

"We should start by gathering information, Gon."

"Hmm?"

"How did it go? With your saved file?"

Speaking of, should Nahida tell them...? Explaining the save she received, Teyvat, Wanderers condition, her own state... How would she even start...?

"Book."

Killuas book puffed into existence, he grinned while moving it closer to him.

"And? How many cards were inside?"

Gon shaked his head, but Killua didn't see it since he focused on playing with the book.

"There weren't any."

"Huh? Really?"

Nahida gained two cards... But she figured it would be best to keep them a secret for now. Explaining it would mean explaining everything, she should wait a bit more.