S I X

ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙ ∗ ︵ ➷ ⋆ TIDES OF LOVE   ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙ ∗ ︵ ➷ ⋆

     ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙ TIDES OF LOVE ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙

after a few hours on the beach, i go upstairs to my room and start to unpack.

i walk over to my dresser and pull out a simple outfit of camo pants and a black top

i scrunch my hair into a towel so it can dry

i scrunch my hair into a towel so it can dry. i let it out and put a black headband in.
I meet Belly and we go down to the kitchen together.
"oh my gosh laurel!" we hear Susannah say. "how many boxes did you bring? i told you not to bother!"

"Your fancy little market doesn't even sell diet coke beck!" my mum laughs.
"Hi!" we say, pulling open a chair.
"You're dripping water all over the place!" my mum commented, targeting belly mostly as mine was dry.
"Laur, theyre gorgeous!" Susannah whispers disregarding my mums complaint.

"You 2 have always been lovely but look at you! You're stunning!"she gasped, as my mum nodded and walked out.
"i think i look pretty much the same." Belly says.
"You do not look the same at all!" i reply.
"Y/N's right, you're both growing up!" she beamed, pulling us into a warm but frail hug. Our mum comes back in.

"You're in bloom! Laurel, they look just like you!"
"People always say i look like my dad." i say.
"nope! i looked just like you, except i had no boobs!" My mum said, pointing at my boobs.
"Ew gross mum!" I shout, laughing.

    ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙ TIDES OF LOVE ˌ ˈ ˚ ∙

Everyone's sitting at the dinner table eating.
"So Belly and Y/N, i've signed you up for the Deb Ball. So if you want to go, you have a few days to decide." Susannah says looking between us.

"Aren't Deb balls for lowlife girls that never mature so they have to do shitty dances that all of a sudden make them adults?" Contain snorted, laughing, obviously finding himself amusing.

"Oh so it must be perfect for you then!" i smirk.
"i'm not a girl or a lowlife." he replied.

"but u act like one. i'm sorry how old are you again? 4?" i snapped back, chuckling to myself.
"i'm old enough to be your dad!"
"are you now? that's a bit concerning. are you ok! do you want me to call the police?" i whispered.

"ok guys, that's enough, not at the dinner table. That includes you steven, no phones!"
"2 seconds!" he yawns.
"off now or it's going in the phone basket!" mum snaps.
Jeremiah snatches stevens phone out of his hand and chucks it into the phone basket.
"AND HE SCORES!" he shouts cheering.

"You need to calm, literally anyone can do that, are we meant to be impressed?" Belly questions.
"Are you impressed now!" Jeremiah responds, flexing his biseps and abs. Yes, yes i am.

"Man, have you worked out? Since when?Well.,that's like.. so easy to get." Steven said, obviously jealous.

"you're just jealous that Jere has a better body than you." i say. fuck. i need to think about what i say next time.

"exactly, thank you y/n." jeremiah beamed a smile at me and i grin back.
"well it's more about the lean look now. so you can wear tailored suits!" Steven glared at us, trying hard to fight for his lean rights.
"oh yeah? lean? what do you wear tailed suits for then?" i ask, staring at him.
"i don't know?"
"oh you don't know?"
"dates?" he implied.
"and who are you going on a date with, may i ask?" i laughed.
"no one.." he mumbled.
"i rest my case." i joked. happy with the final response. everyone laughed and we all finished our dinner.

Shit, i think it's time for the bonfire i have to get ready!