Part 2

It was an unofficial tradition at your university that every year during the first week of class, the students would go to pubs together in order to get to know people. That way someone in their first year could meet people from other years or other degrees and make new friends easily. Sometimes even the teachers would go.

Since it was your last year, you didn't feel like going, you already knew how it was and how it would probably end: with someone throwing up. Your friends had been insisting the whole week leaving you with no option but to accept to go, at least for a while.

You were late. Your flatmate Brad had been using the shower for what seemed like hours and now your friends were waiting for you at the front door of the pub. You couldn't help but smile at the sight of them, Valerie and Olivia. Valerie was studying chemical engineering and sometimes could say hurtful comments in regards to Olivia and your own career choices, both related to the art world. Olivia studied fine arts.

Nevertheless, the three of you hugged each other, almost falling to the ground.

Once inside the pub, you followed your friends to the bar to order your drinks. Olivia insisted on inviting a round of shots to celebrate. When Valerie asked what you were celebrating she just blushed and giggled. She has met another guy, you thought.

Each minute the pub was getting more and more crowded, as well as suffocating. You looked around the sea of faces that changed color when the lights shined on them in a futile attempt to recognize someone.

Olivia pushed you to the bar to order another drink while you waited next to her. A thin boy got too close to you making you feel rather uncomfortable, so you glanced at him with an expression that said put that hand closer to me again and you lose it. The guy seemed to understand and gave you and your friend an apologetic gesture. Before turning back to Olivia you thought you saw a pair of blue eyes, but a second later they were gone.

"Let's go to the toilet, I need to pee!" screamed Olivia.

You nodded and pushed her in said direction. After queuing for approximately fifteen minutes it was her turn. You reached for her drink.

"Give it to me while you go".

"Nooo, it's miiine!" She was clearly too drunk, so you tried to take the glass from her hand before she could spill it over someone. In the middle of your little tussle the glass and its contents fell to the ground, causing it to shatter and the sticky liquid to splash all over your legs and shoes.

"Fuck".

Before you could react, Olivia was bent down picking up pieces of broken glass. She let out a surprised scream and put her hand in front of your face, showing you a large cut which was bleeding too much for your liking. Let's say that you didn't like blood, it made you feel sick.

"Fuck" you repeated, looking away.

With shaky hands you grabbed your friend and left the restroom, heading to the last place where you saw Valerie. Leaving the two girls together, you rushed to the bar pushing throw the dancing bodies to ask the bartender for some napkins . Yor turned around, trying to locate your friends but it seemed that they had vanished.

Once, you had read that if you are looking for someone in a very crowded place the key to find them was to remain in the same spot. And so you did, but a few minutes later you thought that you might look quite ridiculous, standing in the middle of the pub like a statue, with a handful of napkins. So you decided to call them but none of them answered their phones. When another person pushed you, you decided that it was time to get some fresh air.

The back door of the pub was almost as crowded as the inside, with groups of young people smoking. You tried calling again until Valerie answered.

"Where are you?" you asked looking around like a lost child "I can't find you".