Part 6

Unlike most people, you liked Mondays. To you, it meant the beginning of a new week, a reset. But this Monday was different and so far, you hated every second of it.

After your kiss with Cillian last Friday, you decided not to go further that night so he drove you to your flat. Once there, you said goodbye with a bunch of tiny kisses and the promise to talk later but it never happened.

You had spent the weekend staring at your phone, waiting for a reply to the text you had sent him. It just said "Good morning!" and a flushed emoji but he never answered. So, considering his lack of response, you sent him an email with your project progress, to which he didn't reply either.

And now, you had been sitting in the classroom for forty minutes while listening to him talk about Margaret of Austria's portrait collection. Forty minutes in which he didn't look at your direction at all, as if you were invisible.

You continued taking notes until the end of the lecture, breaking the paper sheet a couple times due to the pressure with which you were writing. When the other students had left the classroom, you walked to his desk to confront him.

"Good morning, Cillian."

He didn't take his eyes off the papers and books scattered around his desk when he answered you.

"Mr. Murphy is the proper way to address me, miss Y/L/N. Can I help you with something?"

You looked at him in disbelief.

"Well, I texted you and you never said anything back, I was worried," you admitted. He just shrugged dismissively.

"There's nothing to worry about. Do you need anything else?"

"Yes, Mr. Murphy," you said bitterly, "I also sent you a few new pages of the project so you could review them and give me some feedback."

Cillian sighed and leaned back in his chair.

"I looked over it, it's okay but be careful with the paragraphs and the structure. If you need something else, my tutoring sessions are Tuesdays at 11 a.m. and Thursdays at 18 p.m., you can find me at my office." He looked at you briefly, before saying "Have a nice day, miss Y/L/N."

You didn't know how to react to his sudden coldness so you frowned and left the classroom with the ghost of tears stinging your eyes.

The rest of the week went by the same way, with Cillian ignoring you and only addressing you to make a comment about your project. As far as you were concerned, you had no idea what could have caused that change in his attitude but it made you feel quite miserable, just to think of what could have been and wasn't.

After a long morning of lectures you were finally free to go and have lunch. You and Olivia had met to eat at a Japanese restaurant near the university. Once seated at your table, you noticed that she was quieter than usual.

"So, how is everything going for you?" you asked. "Are you still seeing that guy, the artist?"

She frowned and shook her head. "No way. At least not after he painted my pussy on a 120 x 160 canvas and displayed it for everyone to see."

"Well, I can tell you something, it was sold" you comforted her. "By the way, I thought you knew which part of you he was painting."

Olivia groaned and hid her face in her arms.

"He never told me, said it was a surprise. His favourite part of me, you know" she added, rolling her big eyes. "But let's talk about something else, what about you? You look sad."

You shrugged. "It's nothing, I'm a bit overwhelmed with my final project but..." You stopped talking when you saw a group of people sit a couple of tables away.