Part 14

Before you realised it, the Christmas holidays arrived and you would only have two weeks before the final exams. It felt strange, how quickly time had passed. It seemed like it was yesterday when you started studying at the university as an eighteen year old girl and now you only had a semester left before graduating and being thrown into the real world.

But this year was different from others. For instance, you didn't plan on going back home to spend the holidays with your family. You weren't ready for your parents' judgemental comments on your studies or the constant comparison between you and your cousins, your aunt never forgets to tell everyone how successful they are. Not to mention your grandmother asking in the middle of the family dinner if you had a boyfriend, because it was time.

Just thinking of every possible question they could ask you gave you a headache. What could you say? Oh, sure, I have a boyfriend. He's like twenty years older than me, and my teacher. You could imagine everyone's reaction. That would definitely be too much.

So you decided to stay in the city, not going home and avoiding a bunch of uncomfortable moments. On the contrary, Olivia did return home, but she promised to come back on New Year's Eve to go to a party, she didn't stop insisting until you agreed to go with her.

When Cillian found out that you would stay alone, he eagerly suggested spending the festivities together. You couldn't refuse, despite not being very fond of that time of the year, if you were going to spend the time with him, it couldn't be so bad, right?

-

Now you were lying on his sofa, with your legs on top of his while he traced his fingers over your thighs with his eyelids half closed. He had covered both of you with a fluffy blanket and the typical Christmas movie was playing on the TV in the background, none of you really watching it, too full of delicious food to even try to move.

Looking at the Christmas decorations, you remembered that you had a gift for Cillian. You didn't want to break the feeling of tranquillity in which the two of you had fallen into but it was now or never. You untangled your legs from Cillian's grip and crawled out from under the blanket. A shiver ran through your body as you lost the warmth coming from the microcosmos that you both had created.

Cillian grabbed your hand and pulled you back down with him on the sofa. "Where are you going?" He mumbled sleepily.

"I'll be right back," you replied quietly as you caressed his cheek before running out to the guest room where you had left your coat and all the stuff you needed to spend a few days with him. You grabbed two bags and returned to the living room. Cillian had woken up a bit more, so he stared at you with a raised eyebrow. Suddenly, you were bursting with excitement and that made him smile.

Sitting next to him, you gave him one of the bags. "For you", you said nervously, "I hope you like it. I know it's not much but I thought you might like it."

Cillian's face was unreadable as he took out a flat object from the bag, wrapped in gift paper. From the shape of it, it was pretty obvious what it was, you couldn't help but bite your lip expectantly as he unwrapped it. Then he looked at the vinyl record in his hands for a few seconds in which he remained silent. It was a remastered album by the Beatles, one of his favourite groups, as far as you knew.

You touched his arm when he didn't say anything. "Do you like it? I think you can exchange it for something else if you don't, I must have the gift ticket somewhere..."

Cillian placed the vinyl record on the coffee table and grabbed your face with his big hands to stop your rambling. "I love it, thank you Y/N" he whispered before pressing his lips to yours. You relaxed under his kiss, letting all the tension wash away.

You could feel your cheeks turning a lovely shade of pink, it didn't matter how much time had passed since the first time you shared a kiss with him, everytime he touched you he made you feel like you could burst in flames.

Cillian cleared his throat and pointed to the second bag. You grabbed it and took out a dog toy. "This is for Scout," you told him excitedly. The black dog looked at you from his bed next to the window and wagged his tail. "Come here, baby. Look what I got for you " you moved the toy in the air, catching his attention.

When he was next to you he leaned his head on your leg and sniffled the toy. Cillian petted his head and turned to you with a soft expression on his face. "I think he likes it" he commented as the dog grabbed the toy and walked back to his bed to lie down with it.

It was now Cillian's turn to get up. He headed to the large bookshelves that ran along the entire side wall of the room and started looking for something among the books. When he found what he was looking for, he returned to your side and handed you a rectangular envelope. As you opened it, your hands started to shake a bit. There were two plane tickets to Florence.

"Cillian..." Your eyes started to fill with tears. Going to visit one of the most important cities of the Renaissance was like a dream to you, and Cillian knew it. He hugged you and pulled you to sit on his lap, where he rested his chin on top of your head. You stared at the tickets, the travel date wasn't until the summer, after the last semester ended. "Will we go together?" you asked, your voice thick with emotion.

He kissed the top of your head and squeezed you against his chest. "We can go together if you want, or you can give the second ticket to a friend. Whatever you decide, it's your choice Y/N".

You shook your head, leaning on him. "No, I want to go with you."

Leaning your head back, you kissed his jaw. He tilted his head until your lips met again. You repositioned yourself on his lap, deepening the kiss as you moved your hips against his crotch, his bulge was growing for moments. When you broke apart for air, Cillian grabbed your thighs and stood up. You wrapped your legs around his narrow waist like a python and continued to devour every bit of his exposed skin with hungry kisses.

He carried you to the bedroom, where he dropped you on the bed and lied beside you. "Merry Christmas, Y/N" he whispered in a hoarse voice as he caressed your hair. You closed your eyes and got lost in the feeling of his hands wandering under your clothes.

Surely, you couldn't imagine a better way to spend your Christmas holidays.