Chapter 8

Jimin stood next to Taehyung, rubbing his shoulders in attempts to calm the sobbing man. Nobody understood Taehyung better than Jimin. Yes, his bestfriend has not visited his family for years. Yes, he considered not visiting them as their punishment. Yes, he made them wait till they received help at the last minute. He wanted to let them live by themselves but he cares. So he went around helping them anonymously. They had sent thank you letters which he has put up in a file, often looking into the contents for comfort. Taehyung was not the cold personality that everyone thinks he is and Jimin knows. Now Yoongi knows.

"I - I'm sorry... My.. my dad kept me updated about your family. But I didn't know you were the one helping them. Your father attempted to get your contact number from my dad last week. That's when I knew you dont speak to them at all... I'm sorry Taehyung-ah", Yoongi apologized. He felt bad for judging him without knowing the reality. Taehyung merely nodded before walking towards the front door opening it.
"Jimin-ah I have work. Shall we go?"

Jimin's eyes pleaded Yoongi to understand his best friend's nature as he walked out of Yoongi's apartment with the Bluetooth speaker they came for.

On the way back home, both the friends were content in their thoughts. Taehyung let Jimin drive for he knew he would be lost in thoughts rather than to focus on driving. Once they reached Taehyung's apartment, Jimin let Taehyung carry the speaker while he ordered food for dinner.

"Taehyung-ie get a warm bath. You'll be better". Taehyung did not utter a word. He moved towards the bath tub filling it with lukewarm water. Jimin sat on the couch in the living room, staring at the blank TV screen. He could do nothing but sigh at the turn of things. Just then his phone pinged with a notification.

'Jungkook has sent a message'
'Jungkook calling...'
And so he spoke to him.

Jimin felt relieved after talking to Jungkook. Something about Jungkook makes him calm and controlled whenever his situation makes him lose himself and his temper. Jungkook must be a magician, Jimin thought to himself smiling. Soon after Taehyung came out of his warm bath he seemed to have calmed down from the wretched sobs and no longer he could stay awake. He fell asleep on the comfort of his fluffy bed and soon Jimin too fell into sleepy daze.

The next morning both the friends remembered everything yet smiled as if nothing happened. Taehyung got ready for work with a dread, knowing he has to face his assistant Yoongi. Thinking of maintaining atmost professionalism, Taehyung put on his backpack that contained his laptop and lunch box Jimin prepared for him.
"Maybe I should marry you", Taehyung nudged Jimin playfully while Jimin giggled replying back a "not a really good proposal. I would give a 4 out of 10" to which Taehyung smacked his bestfriend's butt.

"Ouch! Brat! Learn to appreciate me or there will be a time when I'll not be around then you'll miss me too much"

"Ha! As if I'd miss you", with that Taehyung left for work while Jimin rushed inside to text Jungkook asking him if he was free to hang out. Unfortunately for him, Jungkook had to go grocery shopping with Seokjin and had to clean up the house as well. But then he asked if Jimin was free in the evening, then maybe they could go for a drive with no destination in mind which Jimin immediately accepted.

-----------------------------------

First of all, I'm sorry for the very late, slow and short update. I started this one with a courage but then I lost it 😭😭

And second of all, I miss the 7 idiots. Namjoon posted on WEVERSE today ☺️... And lastly, I'll make sure to update more. I got really busy and forgot I have a story to update (I'm not good with responsibilities lmao)

Thank you for reading ☺️