Chapter 1

You walk down the hall of the big base, headed toward your private quarters. You stand outside the door with your small bag of luggage, you walk inside. It's night and almost everyone is asleep including the person in the room. 'I thought this was private?' you think to yourself. You check the quarter number and it's correct, maybe they ran out of rooms.

You ignore the tall, sleeping body on the opposite bed of yours, you walk to your bed and pull out the 2 drawers under it. You open your luggage and begin to unpack, sliding your little amount of clothing and essential items into the drawer, neatly.

Once you finish you slide the bag to the end of your bed, you grab a pair of comfortable clothing then push the drawers shut with your feet as you stand up. You change and stay cautious as you do so, making sure the sleeping body doesn't see you.

You finish changing, you sit on your bed and grab the book you had placed on the tiny table beside your bed. You begin to read, laying the book in your lap, holding it open with one hand while using the other, the index finger guides your eyes to each word. It's quite difficult to read as it's dark but you attempt anyways, you suddenly hear a voice.

A somewhat deep, raspy, sleepy tone with an Austrian-German accent. You flinch when you hear it and your eyes dart away from your book and up to the body that was sleeping.

"Who are you and why are you in my quarters?"

A long sentence for someone who had just woken up. You stay silent for a moment before responding to the guy in the mask.

"I'm a new recruit, this is my quarters.. I figured they ran out so they put me in here with you."

He scoffs, why? Are you that much of an issue to him already, you just got here. You watch him for a moment as he sits up and uses his palms to prop him upward.

You see him look over to you and watch as his eyes travel up and down your body twice. You look up and down his body as well, his 'loose', white T-shirt doesn't do too good of a job at hiding his abs.

You continue to watch as he climbs out the bed and walks over to the door, he leaves slamming the door shut. You flinch again, you pause and watch the closed door before turning back to your book.

After around an hour the same guy walks into the room. You can't see how he feels considering the loose, black mask with lines coming from the eye holes, bleach used to make the lines, covers his face.

You look up at him and he speaks.

"You gonna sleep, or read all night? Your gonna need energy for morning routine, along with the mission coming tomorrow."

You nod.

"I'll sleep soon, but for now, I'm not tired."

You watch as he rolls his eyes under his mask and lay back down on his bed. You watch him for moment. He speaks up after a few minutes.

"What's your name?"

"Y/N."

He doesn't say anything in return and lays his head onto his pillow, you watch as he sinks into it, his limbs go limp, you figure he's sleeping. You look back down at your book and begin reading again.

An hour passes by and so do a few chapters, you grab a pencil and put it in between the pages you were last on. You close the book and lay it on the small table beside your bed, laying down.

You lay on the mattress beneath you, along with the pillow, it's not very comfortable but you manage to fall asleep after a few minutes of staring at the ceiling.