Chapter 2-The Law of a Slacker (1)

A lively morning marking the start of the day.

Along with it, the sound of stepping shoes striding along in rhythm were heard.

"Haaaaaaaaaa...."

Though, that noise just now didn't quite matched in frame with the vibrant atmosphere of dawn that anybody would surely anticipated. Soon enough, as if moved by instinct, two voices responded simultaneously at the previously exasperated sound.

"What's wrong?" One person spoke. And the other followed.

"Are you feeling unwell?"

"Cale-nim?"

Cale, the current subject of concern by the other two, Choi Han and Alberu, turned to Choi Han before looking forward again not long after.

'Why are you only looking that way, hm?'

Alberu's inner grumbling was not heard. 

...

There was a minute of silence, and Cale could feel Choi Han's and Alberu's gaze on him. Cale sighed once more. He, who walked in between Alberu and Choi Han, came to a stop on his track as he muttered lethargically, "Why must i do this.."

Cale looked up, his face that appeared to be stoic's actually held a lot of distress if you looked at them keenly. Seeing this, Alberu looked at the distressed redhead amusingly. He chortled and said, "What? shouldn't you be excited to finally entering middle school?"

With a smirk on his face, he added, "Besides, you were the one who pressed the matter of wanting to study abroad, am i right?"

Those are some sarcasm right there, for Alberu knows how much Cale hated school. He was even aware of the true reason Cale urged that matter. Annoyed, Cale looked to the side and glared at Alberu.

Alberu keep on smirking as if he found Cale's reactions to be cute.

'Pfft. How cute'  Inside, Alberu felt amused at his dongsaeng's reaction. Having such a cute dongsaeng by his side, it would only violated the rule of a hyung if he hadn't decide to tease him, right?

Besides, it was obvious that Cale's glare looked nothing scary to Alberu.

In his eyes though, that looked more like a pout instead of a glare but of course he didn't say that out loud, not ready to face Cale's anger in this bright, early morning. Choi Han who sensed Cale's mood that goes worse in each second, tried to console him.

"Cheer up, Cale-nim! Just ignore that 'thing' "

Crack.

"Excuse...me?"

Alberu's smirk broke. He tried his best to maintain his 'princely' smile even after being called a 'thing' by Choi Han. Whereas Choi Han just ignored him and continued voicing out words after words of encouragement for Cale. It didn't work as it only made Cale feels even worse than before.

"HAAAAAA...."

The next sigh Cale let out seemed heavier than last time.

'Is it too late to turned back?'  Cale thought. Only now did he regretted arguing with his family to leave home with the excuse of wanting to study abroad. When the truth is, he didn't gave a shit about that 'thing' called school.

Cale just..wanted a break from his family...

Don't be mistaken. It's not that he hated them, but well, that was a story for another day...

...

In his hometown, England, Cale had never gone to a public school even since he just started kindergarten. Cale would always get enrolled in a private school run by his family, with Choi Han and Alberu followed him along at the start of elementary. And to be honest, Cale had no problem with going to the public school itself, he even thought previously that it was kind of nice.