New mission

POV: N/A

A week after unlocking Haki, Y/N was called to the Hokage office for a re-evaluation. Turns out the rest of his graduating class had ranked up to Chunin within the 3 years he was gone. With the return of Y/N, Team 7 was back in action, though for now, Kakashi will be their team leader.

Timeskip: Hokage Office...

"I've just received word that the 5th Kazekage of the sand village has been captured by an Organization of S-class rouge-nins named, Akatsuki... I will send team 7 to provide help to the sand." The 4th ordered the Shinobi and Kunoichi standing in front of him.

Kakashi grabbed the scroll that lay on the table of the Hokage and gave it a quick read. Looking the the Hokage, both Jonin bowed at their leader and looked towards the chunins along with Temari, signaling them to move out. With a gust of wind, they disappear in a shunshin...

Konoha Outskirts.

While the group was making their way to the sand, Y/N just thought about something while they were tree jumping. "Wait... who's the Kazekage again?" Asked a confused Y/N.. last time he checked, it was only the 4th Kazekage. "You know her well..." answered Naruko. Y/N raised an eyebrow, the only girl he knew from the sand was Temari...

"Temari? Huh, that's a surprise, didn't think she'd be the type... though I don't know her that well, so I guess it's possible." He said to himself. "You idiot, not her... it's Gaia..." Naruko replied.

"Who the hell is Ga..... No way... Gaara?" Y/N's eyes almost fell off of his eye sockets. "Yeah, turns out she's a girl.... apparently, people were too scared to see if she was girl or a boy.... even her siblings...." Y/N was in a daze at what Naruko told him. He was so out of it that he hit his face on a branch making him fall.

Cathing up the them, he replied with "...damn."

Timeskip: Sand Village

When they arrived in the village, Temari was informed that Kankuro was poisoned. Turns out after the Gaia was abducted, he tried to go after them but was beaten by one the abductors. The group headed towards the hospital and they rushed into the room Kankuro lied in.

As they went inside, an old woman suddenly tried to attack Kakashi, screaming about the White Fang of the leaf. Before all went to sh*t, an old man stopped her and explained that Kakashi was not the white fang. She just laughed it off and said she was just pretending to be dumb.

"Sakura, please..." Temari called out to Sakura. She nodded and proceeded to take out the poison out of Kankuro. Sakura put her palm on his chest and poured her chakra in him and used her other hand to pull out the chakra along with the poison.

"There... *Sigh* done." Sakura wiped a sweat off her forehead. "There shouldn't be any danger to his life now... I've removed all the poison successfully." She said. "Wow, Sakura you've gotten a lot better at medical ninjutsu..." Y/N said impressed.

She smiled and thanked him, she then asked for items to make an antidote for the poison. "You're a lot like that slug woman... That a girl like you would come..." the old woman Chiyo said. Sakura smiled and replied "Ah yes... Tsunade-sama is my sensei after all."

"Sister..." the old man says. "Time is slowly flowing by...." the old woman replied as she smiled at the pink haired girl.

A while later, Kankuro awoke and weakly sat up straight. He informed everyone that there was two enemies and he was able to get a piece of their clothing and told Kakashi to use it to track their scent. "Let's move out team!" Kakashi said as they went to the front gate and stopped by Temari.

"I'm coming too!" She called out, with her weapon ready. Before anyone could say anything, Chiyo called out to her from above the gate walls. "Temari, you need to stay here and protect the village... I am more than enough to represent the sand village." She said.