Chapter 1: Meeting

Okay so.. I decided to post this first part!!! I'm not sure when the rest will be posted, I've not written too much of it so I'll try every Mondays but can't promise to stick to that. If anyone has any ideas they want to see while reading just let me know!! <3

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Delilah's pov

So.... my dad died (straight to the point). And now I just happen to be on a plane to what feels like halfway across the world, from any kind of life I know, to live with someone who already abandoned me once. I only actually found out my biological mothers name the day after my dad died, and it's safe to say I didn't expect it to be Elizabeth Olsen. I'd be lying if I said I didn't know her, or didn't adore her work. I mean my god, so many people would dream to be her daughter, it doesn't quite feel like real life. But to me, Elizabeth Olsen and my 'mother' aren't the same people. She left me, and that's all that I can focus on for right now.

As the plane is about to land I can't help but worry.. I mean she's never bothered yet so why would she care now? I mean surely she knew what kind of man my dad was, so why'd she leave me with him? Why on earth did she agree to have me live with her now?

I'm not someone to say I'm glad he's gone now, that wouldn't be right. He just was never here, we were like strangers to each other, he only had space for him in his life and I had to learn to just manage to live a life on my own. I only had him, no other family were around me. So it's been a pretty lonely life. And you can only imagine how I'm feeling about seeing my 'mother', who definitely wasn't in a bad position to look after me anymore..

My thoughts are cut short as we land and I get off the plane. I don't even know who I'm looking for, i'm sure Elizabeth wouldn't come get me herself, as I get a notification from an unknown number..

unknown..
hey delilah, we're just outside the side entrance!

so I just leave and look for whoever just sent me that. That's until two people walk upto me, "hey, delilah, right?" to which I nod. "It's so nice to meet you! I'm Ashley, and this is Mary Kate, Liz couldn't make it so we're here to get you and take you home. Don't worry Liz is home, she just had an unexpected meeting this morning, she already feels really bad about it." I again just nod, I can't help but feel uncomfortable, I'm not good with new people. Mary Kate speaks instead saying "right we should get you home, the cars just over here babe". So I follow her as they help me carry my few bags to the car.

The drive is really quiet, I think the twins noticed how anxious I am, since they stopped trying to talk to me realising it's making me more and more uncomfortable. Though Ashley does ask if I would like to play any music, handing me the cord to plug my phone in and I decide to play my more chill songs.. including some of Scarlett's songs (break up album) and some Milo Greene songs too. I notice the twins give each other a look as 'young at heart' plays but I don't acknowledge it, i don't want them to know I actually was a fan of Elizabeth's and so I naturally do know Robbie's music.

I just rest my head against the window trying to calm myself down because I'm getting closer and closer to having a panic attack when I realise we must be almost there. Oh yeah I have really bad anxiety, and moving halfway across the world definitely isn't helping that right now.

When the car comes to a stop I can practically hear my heart beating in my ears, my chest is definitely heaving and I don't think I can pretend I'm doing okay. But Elizabeth came running out as soon as the car got here and I watch her hug her sisters in greeting so I shove all my feelings down and shakily reach out to open the car door.

She looks nervous too, and she gives a wave, "Hi Delilah", to which I just wave back not really feeling like talking. After a minute of awkward silence Mary Kate breaks it suggesting "let's take your stuff in and show you to your room, yeah?" So I just nod again and follow her lead. Lizzie and Ashley trailing behind us.

We go upstairs as Lizzie points out each room "this is my room, and the one next to it is yours, there's those two guest rooms which the twins usually stay in then mine and Robbie's offices" I look at her and just nod, she looks like she's thinking for a second before she says "oh I'm so sorry, I forgot I haven't mentioned Robbie yet, he's my husband. He would be here but he's away for a couple more days for his music", making me just nod at her again, since I was already aware of who Robbie is, but still give a weak smile.

This is all so overwhelming and I really just need a little while to myself so I speak for the first time since meeting these people "is it okay if I unpack and shower and things now?", as soon as I get a nod of approval I quickly walk into my room and close the door.

I can't help but feel so out of place, I mean Lizzie doesn't even seem excited that I'm here so why the hell am I here? I'd have much rather just stayed by myself at home, in England, I'm 17, I'll be 18 in a couple of months and then I'm fine to live on my own anyway.

Part of me wants to think it's cool living with Elizabeth Olsen I mean, I would've dreamt of that just last month. But.. now I know she left me when I was born, and she seems so uncomfortable seeing me again despite it being her fault that I'm actually here.. I'm not so sure it's such a dream anymore.