Chapter 4: Panic

Elizabeth's pov

After I told Delilah what I needed to say, I'm trying to pull myself together, i don't want to sit here and cry, i want to be there for her. So when I turn my head and notice she's panicking I instantly want to help, but don't know how.

She's not been very verbal at all, and she doesn't seem to like touch that much, but that's all I really know to do that can help. I mean people usually talk me down from mine or hold me, hold my hand so that their touch grounds me.

"Delilah, hey" i say to get her to look at me, i also place my hand on her leg stroking with my thumb in hopes to comfort her a little. She looks at me, almost panicking more, i get the feeling she's used to being alone when she had panic attacks, i know I didn't like people to witness them and I bet I'm the last person she wants to be here while she's having one.

I know I need to calm her down when I can literally see her body shaking so I just go for it "Baby I'm going to hold you, okay", as I wrap my arms around her and pull her on top of me while I lay down. I hold her head to my chest, whispering "follow my breaths my love", with my hand on the back of her head and the other stroking her back. I keep shushing her telling her she's okay "shh shhh baby you're alright, I've got you". Until she tenses in my arms, I hear her sniffle, take a deep breath and then shuffle out of my arms and mutter a quiet "thanks" before she bolts off up to her room I'm guessing.

Was that my fault? Did what I say trigger her? I have no idea. And I have a feeling she won't be telling me anytime soon, she's been practically mute since she's been here. I don't know how to help her..

❀⊱┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄┄⊰❀

Delilah's pov

I can't believe that just happened. I hate panic attacks but I hate them way more with other people there. Why did I have to do that? It's like I completely zoned out and when I reconnected I was in Elizabeth's arms, the last thing I wanted to be doing after she told me everything. But.. it felt really nice to not feel alone. Not because of her.. no it didn't feel nice because of her right? No. It was just the feeling of someone else being there.

After sitting in my room for a few minutes with the thoughts of what just happened running through my head and a wave of exhaustion hitting me, there's a knock on the door. It doesn't take a genius to guess who it is. I don't say anything and to my surprise the door doesn't open. Instead I hear her say "honey you don't have to be embarrassed about what just happened. That happens to me too, it's nothing I haven't seen before. I would love it if you would let me in to make sure you're okay.. even if you go back to not talking to me after this can you just let me in for now please? I'm worried about you, baby."

Before I can even process what I'm doing I open the door before sliding into bed and just closing my eyes. Panic attacks are exhausting, they leave me with very very very little energy. So when I feel an unusual warmth in front of me I don't question it and instead just allow the warmth to engulf me.. while feeling a gentle hand stroking my head and warm lips resting against my forehead. I drift off to sleep for a few hours, desperately in need of a nap after this morning.

————————————————————-

A/N guys I apologise, this is short but I thought it was better than nothing for now! Will update when I get a bit of time <3