Chapter 13: News

After the rejection I decide I need a moment and so I opt to take myself out on a nice walk, just to try to clear my head.

Just as I'm about to leave, headphones and phone in hand, I see Robbie sitting in the living room. Deciding that it's better to let him know I'm leaving, I walk a little closer, saying "Hey Robbie, I'm just going out on a walk, and um you might want to go check on Lizzie in a bit.."

Robbie gives me a smile and responds "Alright honey, have a nice walk!"

𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣

My favourite thing is walking through the forest because it's so full of life and pretty views that it always helps to calm my mind. 

Surrounded by hues of emerald, and beautiful flowers at my toes, I feel myself finally take in a deep breath; tipping my head back, feeling thankful for my surroundings.

Thinking over everything always makes my head hurt. Because it's too much to actually wrap my head around, that it's almost as if my brain rejects all the logical thoughts.

I wanted to really try to patch things up with Lizzie because I am totally not used to her being so cold, but it's also her birthday tomorrow. I'm not sure if I'm 'being nice' because I've been thinking about her more lately so that I can write the perfect card and get her something she'd like, or if I'm just ready to let her be in my life properly and allow myself to have a mother for the first time.

𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘𖤣.𖥧.𖡼.⚘

As I arrive back home, I open the door and instantly see Lizzie and Robbie sitting on the couch, all snuggled up. They didn't notice me walk in at first, and I see Lizzie lean her forehead against Robbie's with her eyes closed; the last thing I want to do is intrude on their sweet moment, so I try to sneak past and go up to my room, but Robbie quickly notices me and waves me over.

R: "Hi love, how was your walk?"

D: "It was nice, yeah."

R: "Good, um Lizzie and I need to talk to you about something."

Unable to get out words I literally just nod in response, worried that they're going to tell me I have to leave or something.

L: "Don't panic baby, you're okay."

I mumble out an 'okay' to Lizzie's words.

L: "So it's my birthday tomorrow. And as usual, we have a little party arranged, because I always have close friends and family over for some time on my birthday. I've been a bit stressed about whether or not to invite my mom or, whether or not to tell you, and I think in general I've been stressed and accidentally have ended up taking it out on you. I'm so sorry."

My mouth kind of guppies not knowing what I can say in response to that, besides giving her a soft nod as if to say 'it's okay, I get it'.

L: "Im also sorry about earlier, I shouldn't have pulled away, I was just overwhelmed."

D: "Mhm that's okay too."

R: "So Delilah, Jarnette is coming tomorrow as well as a handful of others. I promise I'll be here this time, and everyone's on your side, okay?"

L: "We've got you, and you know you'll also see Mk and Ash again, they're very excited to see you."

I just give another soft nod in response, this is a lot to just take in and accept, since it's happening tomorrow and I've had very little time to prepare myself for it like I usually would. But also to have an explanation from Lizzie as to why she's been a little off with me lately, did really help, even if she did hurt me, I believe her when she told me it wasn't intentional.

Realising that I'm standing rather awkwardly in front of them, Robbie pats the other space behind him, and cuddles me into his side when I sit down.

It's still so crazy to me how comfortable I feel with Robbie, I would've never expected to be so content to snuggle up with him.

After a few minutes Robbie asks,

R: "Should I go pick us up some dinner girls?"

L: "Oo please, so we can have a break from cooking."

R: "Sound good lilah?"

D: "Yeah."

R: "Okay I won't be too long."

Robbie jumps up, kissing my head and giving Lizzie a quick kiss before swiftly exiting to grab us some food.

Now that it's just Lizzie and I again, my mind can't help but go back to the music room. Subconsciously humming the tune of 'cutty love', as my mind drifts back.

L: "I am really sorry baby."

D: "Huh?"

Lizzie gives a little chuckle at my slightly dazed expression, shaking her head as if to say never mind.

D: "Your singing was really beautiful by the way."

L: "Oh- um no, no it definitely wasn't, but thank you."

Lizzie blushes at the compliment, giving me a little smile. She shifts the lay down properly on the sofa, leaving space in front of her and motions for me to join her.

Without questioning myself, I shuffle into the space, and let her wrap her arms around me. She gently tucks my head into her neck, and rests her cheek down on my hair.

I hear her mumble "I really do love you, you know. I know getting this news about tomorrow will probably have frightened you, but it's all going to be okay, we've got you, me and Robbie. You're going to be okay baby. We both are."