09 | Selena?

Delilah

It's been a week since Mom has been in hospital. I visited her every day meaning I didn't go to school. She's getting better and they said she will be home anytime this week.

It's my first day back at school since the accident. My friends have been so supportive they even brought my assignments to me.

Xander has been the best human alive. I owe him big time.

Right now I'm getting ready for school. Xander was going to pick me up.

I fixed my hair and put on some cologne

I fixed my hair and put on some cologne. I took my bag and went downstairs to a busy Marcus.

He was on his laptop, whilst making breakfast.

"You didn't have to make breakfast, I was going to just take an apple and juice box," I say assisting him.

He finally rested his shoulders. He dished up the pancakes he had already made and gave me them.

I smiled at him and began to eat the pancakes. Marcus has been the best guardian. He has been so supportive but he has been trying too hard. Right, he doesn't have any kids.

I could hear Xander's car from a distance. It makes noise and it's the loudest car in Marcus's neighborhood.

"Bye Marcus, also Please update me on Mom," I say kissing his cheeks before going outside.

Xander's car was in front of the gate. Typical Xander, he hugged me and opened the door for me.

I got in and he closed my door hopping in the driver's seat.

"Hey Pookie," I say to him.

He rolls his eyes. "I don't like that nickname."

"Well, I like it so it stays. You an adorable little being." I squish his cheeks.

"Says the 5ft7 girl."

Xander was 6ft2 making him taller than me. For his big size his such a baby.

The ride was full of us bickering about stupid things. We arrived at the gates of the school. Xander drove in and he parked at his usual space.

I was about to open the door when Xander leaned in and closed it. He got out of the car and went to open my door.

"Xander that was so unnecessary." I get out of the car.

"Anything for my sunshine."

I look around to see a lot of people looking at us. Whispers filled the air.

I hate attention.

Xander cups my face and directs it to him. Our eyes meet and a smile comes on his face. "Don't mind them sunshine focus on what's in front of you, which is me."