Our Song Part 2 - Damian Priest

Damian POV

When I had first arrived here to make his music video I had been incredibly nervous. I'd never done anything like this before and I was afraid of messing up and not being what she expected of me.

The second I met y/n she instantly made me feel welcome and at ease, no matter what the scene required with her it was easy, almost natural. Yesterday after we wrapped for the day she took me for lunch. We had talked and laughed our way through the meal and found that we had a lot more in common then we thought.

To return the favour I had picked her up a coffee and a muffin on the way in. I had spoken to some of the girls on set and found other what she liked, Salted Caramel Latte and a Lemon Muffin and that is exactly what I got her.

When I reach the studio I head straight for the trailers making my way towards hers. When I reach her trailer I hear the strumming of a guitar and the sound of some one singing softly. I knock before opening the door and I find her sat on one of the long seats, guitar in hand and singing to herself.

"Good morning" I say softly in an attempt to not make her jump

"Hey, good morning dream lover" she says smiling up at me, she had nick named me that as a bit of fun due to my role in her music video

"I've brought a Salted Caramel Latte and a Lemon muffin" I say handing them to her "I liked what you were singing, it sound good"

"You are an angel" she says taking them from me and motioning for me to sit "thank you, it's a new song I've been working on"

"I hope you do mind me asking but what inspires your lyrics" I ask genuinely interested tdo know what causes her to right such sad melancholy songs

"Personal experience mostly" she says sipping on her coffee "the one we are doing the video for was inspired by the end of last relationship and this new one is inspired by how I feel right now"

"So the title "not meant for love" is that referring to your ex or to you?" I ask and she blushes a little as she looks down at her cup

"Me" she sighs "you know, I feel like I can trust so I'll explain. When I was a little girl my mother read me something from the bible about love. Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. Love never fails" she smiles "I feel like I've spent my whole life looking for that kind of love, but love it seems has failed me"

"Love hasn't failed you" I say taking her hand in mine "you just haven't found it yet. When you find the right one, the one who is worthy of everything you have to offer, you'll find what you've been looking for"

"You're sweet and I appreciate your words" she says giving my hand a squeeze "but you understand, being away all the time makes things difficult, not alot of people would be ok with dating some one who is never there. Like I say in my song.........I'm just not meant for love"

"You shouldn't give up" I say "you're right I do understand, it's not easy but I believe there is one perfect someone for everyone, we just have to find them. So what's the new song called"

"It's called "he'll be no different" it's a reflection of how I feel when I meet some one new" she says "it's not about anyone in particular it's just a general thing"

"Do......do you think after the video is done that we we could maybe stay in touch?" She asks nervously her brow furrowed "maybe even be friends?"

"Absolutley I'd like that" I smile "and for the record we are already friends"

Y/n beams up at me as she plays with her coffee cup in the most adorable way. I was glad that she felt able to open up to me and trust me enouh to tell me something so personal.

It saddened me that her past relationships had left her so jaded about love and all I could o was hope that one day she would find out I was right and would find her some one.

"So are you ready for today? It's the dream proposal scene" she says

"I'm always ready" I smile "I better go get ready, I'll see you on set" I say standing and walking towards the trailer door.

"Damian" she calls out and I stoop walking and turn to look at her "thank you for listening and for being so kind"

"Anytime" I smile "thank you for trusting me"

With that she smiles at me before standing and walking towards the back of her trailer to get ready. I leave her trailer and close the door behind me. It was clear that with just that one conversation our relationship had changed, that things were different between us now