See the world with me

A lot of people complain about having strict parents. 
They complain for having an explicit time to get home.
They complain for not being able to go out at night for more than a few hours.
They complain for constantly having to contact their parents, saying that everything's fine.

Basically, they complain about a lot of things.

But that's because they don't know what it really is to have strict parents.

_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-_-

Hwang Hyunjin has lived his entire life with very strict parents.

As an only child, all their attention, was on him. The pressure to be the perfect son, not to make mistakes, to be "useful", not to be a bother for others.

When he was young, his parents had a password for the TV, he wasn't allowed to play with his friends out of the school, on the weekends he was forced to study all day and if he got a not so good grade on a test, he would be grounded.

Now in highschool, his life was pretty much the same. He never drank, never smoked, never went out at night, never dated. It's not like he hated his parents or was scared of them, he knew that they loved him and as they told him, "it was for his own good". But he never dared to oppose to them, not wanting to be a disappointment.

Despite having few friends, he cherish them with all his heart, they are always there for him, to make him smile, to make him laugh, to make him forget about his problems, to make him live.

He spent most of the time with them, Minho and Felix that is, in his own place, since his parents always had things to do and didn't allow Hyunjin to go out of the house.

He admired Minho as the older brother he never had.
Although having a cat and dog like friendship, he always made him feel safe, cared for, like he matters.

Now with Felix, things were a bit different.
Felix was a little younger than him, only by a few months and they know each other since forever, as both their mothers used to be great friends.

They have a special thing between the two that only they understand.
Due to Felix's extroverted but caring nature, their bound was super fun and soft. More often than not, they found themselves staring at one another and smiling, holding hands when distracted, or even cuddling on the couch while watching a movie.

But neither of them ever talk about it. They just let it happen, it's almost natural for them.

Like now. They were on the rooftop of Hyunjin's house. Sitting next to each other. Their hands touching. Just existing. Looking at the sunset, as they would usually do every week. And Hyunjin's heart doing funny things in his chest, as it would usually do every time he spent time with the freckled boy.

Felix then took a deep breath and looked at the older.

"Hyunjin..." He said, continuing only when the said boy turned his face to him, showing he was listening. "I've been... wanting to tell you something. For a while. Quite a while, actually."

"Is something wrong? Are you unwell?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows, already expecting the worst.

"No! Oh no, no. Everything's fine. Sorry if I scared you, I didn't mean to sound like that."

"Oh my god, you could give a heart attack you know." Said hyunjin with a relieved smile.

Felix chuckled. "I mean, at least I think there's nothing wrong with it..."

Hyunjin kept looking at him with concerned but curious eyes and nodded, waiting for the younger to finish.

"Hum... You know, we've never actually talked about this kind of thing. But I um...
You don't need to and I don't want you to treat me differently.. but if... I-"