introduction

Hello all! Yes, I know, starting another story when I have so much in the works but I can't help it! This is wildly different to Don't Stand By Me, but the characters are oddly reminiscent of them.  Can't stop writing about my baby gays, next story will be following a straight couple, I swear:)

Below I've attached character descriptions of the protagonists as well as a more detailed plot summary below!

                                                           Alessa

                                                           Alessa

Our protagonist. Sister of Alyosha. Hard headed, quick to anger. Driven and intelligent, yet prone to being emotional. Snarky and bitchy, with witty humour. Never gives up. A sucker for a pretty face. Focused on getting revenge, and will do anything for those she loves.

                                                                Mela

                                                                Mela

Bitchy Princess used in Zeus' games. Seductive and wildly intelligent, capable of holding her own. Walls very firmly ensconced around her, finds it difficult to trust people due to her upbringing and subsequent abandonment by her father. Secretly a softie but will never show it.

                                                      MarcusEmotional, easily wounded but tries to hide it

                                                      Marcus
Emotional, easily wounded but tries to hide it. Protective of Alessa to the point where it is a detriment to him. Tries to be mysterious but utterly fails at it. Deep down is a sweet boy who enters to make something of himself, yet he remains deeply unsure of who he is as a person and what he wants to do with his life.

 Deep down is a sweet boy who enters to make something of himself, yet he remains deeply unsure of who he is as a person and what he wants to do with his life

                                                   Jonas

Still holds his boyish charm into early adulthood. Everyone falls at his feet and despite his ruthless nature, he is far from the monster he appears to be in battle. Flirty, witty and strong, able to hold his own.

Zeus' mysterious Trials attract every man far and wide for the potential of eternal glory and unimaginable power, yet no one has returned home to tell the tale. Yet it continues on, year after year, with thousands of men sacrificing themselves to the unknown cause. 

Alessa does not believe it. 

One year ago, her twin brother, the light of her life, Alyosha, left to compete in order to bring honour to their family and perhaps help their small village to thrive once more. Now, Alessa, who has spent her entire life in her brother's shadow, has become a nobody, a burden to her family and a bitch to boot. When faced with an arranged marriage and realising just how pointless her life has become, she realises she must make a change.

She is determined that Alyosha is alive and sets out to find him, 'fiancé' in tow.

Being the first woman to ever compete, nothing comes simply to her. She is faced with misogyny, brutal attacks and tasks she never believed she would be able to do. With the help of her fiancé, the man obsessed with him and a bitchy princess she can't help her growing attraction towards, can she make it to the end and make her brother proud?

Or maybe, just maybe, she'll make herself proud instead.