6. Genesis

Y/N's shock was palpable as he stared at Hailee, his mind struggling to process her sudden appearance. "What are you doing here?" he asked, his voice tinged with a mix of surprise and skepticism.

Hailee met his gaze, her expression a mix of determination and vulnerability. "I want to talk," she said softly, her eyes searching his for a sign of willingness to listen.

Y/N's response was immediate, his tone edged with a touch of frustration. "I don't want to talk."

Hailee's brows furrowed slightly, a hint of hurt flickering across her eyes. "Please," she implored, her voice carrying a plea that was difficult to ignore.

Y/N's shoulders slumped, a deep sigh escaping him. He relented, though not without a sense of reluctance. "Fine, speak."

Hailee's gaze didn't waver as she gathered her thoughts. "I did hire my cousin to photograph that charity event and—"

Y/N's frustration flared, his words cutting her off. "So you're here to make me feel even worse? No thanks."

He turned away, as if ready to walk away from the situation and from her. Hailee stepped forward, her hand reaching out to touch his arm. In that moment, Y/N's grip on his phone loosened, and it slipped from his hand, landing with a shattering crash on the ground.

"Fuckk!" Y/N's anger surged as he knelt down to pick up the broken pieces of his phone. His annoyance was palpable, and he shot a sharp look at Hailee.

Y/N's grip tightened on the shattered remains of his phone, frustration and anger coursing through him. As he began to gather the pieces, Hailee's voice reached his ears, her tone gentle yet hesitant. "I am so sorry, Y/N. I'll buy you a new phone. Forgive me."

His head snapped up, a bitter smile playing on his lips. "Oh, of course, money can fix everything, can't it?" His words dripped with sarcasm, his tone laced with a mix of resentment and anger.

Hailee took a step closer, her eyes pleading as she reached out to touch his arm. "I was not here to do that. Please tell me how can I make things right?"

Y/N's frustration boiled over, and he pulled his arm away from her touch. "Stop interrupting my life. That'll make everything right," he retorted, his voice laced with a cutting edge.

A bitter smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he turned away, his steps resolute as he walked further from her. "I don't need your pity, Miss Universe. Just leave me alone."

Hailee's heart sank at the harshness of his words. She watched as he walked away, a swirl of emotions churning within her. She had hoped for a chance to mend the bridges she had unknowingly burned, but it seemed that her presence had only intensified Y/N's anger and pain.

The weight of her actions settled heavily upon her shoulders, a deep regret gnawing at her conscience. As Y/N's figure grew smaller in the distance, Hailee was left standing there, grappling with the consequences of her choices and the wreckage of the fragile connection between them.

~~_~~~

Hailee's footsteps echoed through the quiet hallway of her house as she returned from her encounter with Y/N. The weight of her interaction with him lingered in her mind, and she knew she needed to talk to someone about it. As she hung her coat and moved towards the living room, Chloe's voice reached her ears.

Chloe was already there, waiting for her friend. "How did it go?" Chloe's voice carried a mix of concern and curiosity.

Hailee's shoulders slumped as she sat down on the couch, her expression a blend of sadness and frustration. "I messed up, Chloe. I messed up. I did things to hurt people sometimes, but I never knew that sometimes it could lead to these much bigger consequences."