10. Reverie

Y/N, his mother, and Mabel standing at the airport gate, eagerly awaiting Emily's arrival. The time seemed to crawl as they checked their watches repeatedly, eager to catch a glimpse of her. Finally, the airport doors swung open, and there she was, Emily, looking like a completely different person. Her new outfit and stylish glasses left Y/N momentarily speechless.

"Hey, I'm sorry I'm late," Emily said with a warm smile. She ran her fingers through her hair, adjusting it perfectly. The rest of the group was in awe of her striking appearance. They all boarded the plane, a first-class luxury thanks to Hailee's thoughtful arrangements.

Once on board, the private compartments they occupied added to the sense of grandeur. Each space was impeccably designed for comfort and privacy. As the plane taxied down the runway and lifted off, the atmosphere was filled with a mix of excitement and anticipation. It was during this flight that the romantic tension between Y/N and Emily became more evident, intensifying as they made their way to Paris, where adventure and unforgettable memories awaited.

As Emily grew increasingly bored during the flight, her curiosity about Y/N and Mabel's interactions piqued. She decided to take matters into her own hands and see what was happening. She unlocked her compartment door, ready to head towards Y/N's. But as she was about to step out, she saw Mabel exiting Y/N's compartment.

This sight irked her, and Emily reentered her compartment. Frustration gnawed at her as she tapped her foot impatiently, constantly adjusting her glasses. The feelings of jealousy and uncertainty about Y/N and Mabel's relationship consumed her. Emily was left to ponder whether they might be more than just friends.

However, her determination to uncover the truth outweighed her jealousy. She made her way to Y/N's compartment and knocked gently. Y/N opened the door, appearing a bit puzzled by her presence.

"Hey, Em? Sup?" Y/N greeted, his confusion evident.

"Nothing much. What are you doing?" Emily asked, trying to sound casual.

"I-Uhm-I was watching a movie. Wanna join?" Y/N offered, his fingers nervously scratching his neck.

"You sure you wouldn't mind?" Emily asked, masking her true intentions.

"Yeah, yeah. Come on in," Y/N replied, opening the door wider to welcome her.

They settled on the plush, first-class couch within Y/N's compartment. As they watched the movie, their hands remained tantalizingly close to each other, neither daring to make the first move.

The film played a romantic scene, prompting Emily to summon her courage. She was on the verge of gently touching his hand when Y/N abruptly sat up.

"Do you have any recommendations? This movie sucks," he said, unaware of her intentions.

Dismayed, Emily retracted her hand. "I-Uhm-yeah. Sure. Let's browse our options." She accepted the remote control from Y/N and began scrolling through the in-flight entertainment choices. It was then that she stumbled upon the show "Dickinson," a series starring Hailee Steinfeld, and decided to test Y/N's reaction.

When Y/N saw the show's title, he merely shrugged. "I don't know. It's overrated, I guess?"

This comment sent Emily's eyes wide, considering it was her show, and she playfully scolded him. "Excuse me! What did you just say? That show is peak, it's 'THE' best show ever made."

Y/N quickly tried to backtrack, but Emily wasn't finished. She continued to extol the show's virtues and how it had received numerous awards.

"Yes, sir. So you wanna watch it?" Emily asked.

"Now?" Y/N inquired.

"Duh!" She replied enthusiastically.

"I'll probably watch it when I'm free, you know," Y/N attempted to brush it off, his fingers nervously tapping on his thigh.