17. Locked down

As Hailee and Y/N meticulously combed through the building, hope of finding an unlocked door waned with each futile attempt. Hailee's anxiety surged with each failed exit. "What if we're stuck here forever?" she lamented, her voice quivering with apprehension. Y/N, though outwardly composed, shared her concern but attempted to maintain a sense of calm. "We'll find a solution, Hailee," he asserted, his voice steady despite the rising tension.

Yet, Hailee's mind raced with a myriad of terrifying possibilities. "We have no food, no water... How long do you think we'll be trapped here?" she pondered aloud, her pacing growing more frenzied with each passing minute. Y/N, leaning against the wall, pulled out his phone, a glimmer of hope that it might hold a lifeline to the outside world.

"We'll be okay," he reassured her, though uncertainty gnawed at his own resolve. "We just need to remain calm and think logically." But Hailee's distress was palpable, her fear infectious. Despite his attempts to reassure her, Y/N couldn't ignore the knot of worry that tightened in his chest.

"What if no one comes to rescue us?" Hailee's voice trembled, her eyes wide with trepidation. Y/N reached out, gently clasping her hand in his, offering a silent gesture of solidarity. "Then we'll wait," he murmured softly, his gaze unwavering as it met hers. "Together."

Hailee's heart skipped a beat at his words, a whirlwind of conflicting emotions swirling within her. Locked in this building with Y/N, she couldn't suppress the surge of excitement that pulsed through her veins. But she swiftly pushed aside those feelings, determined to maintain her composure in the face of uncertainty. For now, all they could do was wait and hope for rescue.

Hailee couldn't help but shiver, the biting cold seeping into her bones."Why is it freezing cold all of a sudden?" she queried, her breath misting in the frigid air. wrapping her arms around herself in a feeble attempt to conserve warmth. Y/N simply gestured towards the raging storm outside, its wrath evident in the howling winds and relentless downpour.

Hailee's eyes brightened with a sudden realization. "Wait, I have a heater in my office room," she exclaimed. "We can go there to warm up."

Y/N's expression softened with relief. "That sounds like a plan," he said, grateful for the prospect of escaping the chill.

Once inside Hailee's office, she wasted no time in activating the heater, the warmth a welcome respite from the biting cold.

Y/N's eyes fell upon the heavy curtains drawn across the window. He turned to Hailee with a hopeful expression. "Can I take these off?" he asked, gesturing towards the curtains.

Hailee hesitated for a moment, glancing at the storm raging outside, before nodding reluctantly. "Sure, go ahead," she said, her voice tinged with unease.

Y/N approached the window and began to pull back the curtains, revealing the dark, stormy night outside. Rain lashed against the glass, and lightning flashed in the distance, illuminating the sky with a brilliant burst of light.

A particularly loud clap of thunder echoed through the room, causing Hailee to jump in surprise. She quickly reached out to lower the curtains once more, her cheeks flushed with embarrassment. "You're afraid of lightning?" Y/N teased gently, a playful smirk playing on his lips.

Hailee's blush deepened, and she averted her gaze, feeling a rush of warmth spread across her cheeks. "N-no, of course not," she stammered, attempting to brush off her embarrassment.

Y/N chuckled softly, finding her flustered reaction endearing. "Well, we can keep the curtains closed if you prefer," he offered, trying to ease the tension.

Hailee nodded gratefully, relieved to have the stormy scene outside obscured from view. She quickly took a seat at her desk, motioning for Y/N to join her. "Please, make yourself comfortable," she said, gesturing towards the plush armchair nearby.