𝟭𝟭 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀The Claws Come Out

CHAPTER ELEVEN
The Claws Come Out

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ Ding! Ding! Ding!

The school bell echoes across campus just as Sujin passes the clock tower, and she can hardly believe it's already fifth period. Overwhelmed, the girl thinks she might just climb up and tear that large golden monstrosity off its ropes if she has to hear its godforsaken ringing one more time.

Ding! Ding! Ding!

Her first day has been hectic, to say the least.

After the introductory assembly, she'd gone to her first period class. It was surprisingly alright... that is, as far as AP Math on a Monday morning goes. (So, really, not quite alright at all.) Her teacher was a balding old man; the type she could tell had been some kind of super-genius once upon a time. She'd paid no mind to his painstakingly slow stride and way of speaking - nor the fact that Jay, who'd tried to greet her "Good morning!" at the door, was in her class - by sneaking an Airpod beneath a strategically placed portion of her hair and focussing on the pile of calculus problems dumped on her desk. When the bell rang, she'd practically sprinted out of that classroom before Jay could even try a "Goodbye!".

Second period was a little rougher. Her Chemistry teacher was a no-nonsense woman who donned a lab coat and an unforgiving glint in her eyes, barely waiting for her students to find their seats before diving headfirst into a lesson on static equilibrium. Sunghoon was in this class, Sujin noticed, though he had half a mind to stay away from her and preoccupy himself with a group of friends she didn't recognise. Thank god, she had thought to herself with a breath of relief, at least someone around here can take a hint.

By third period Korean, Sujin was convinced her brain had melted into a puddle of mush. She'd walked into the room to find Chaeyoung already poised in the front row, sharpened pencils and scented erasers organized in a scarily neat fashion atop her desk. Sujin watched the Student Body President's manicured hand shoot straight up at every question their teacher directed to the class. And though she'd walked into the classroom quite confident in her bilingual abilities - she has her father to thank for that, at least - by the time she'd walked out, all the characters were blurred into foreign lines in the back of her head.