𝟭𝟴 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Singularity

CHAPTER EIGHTEEN
Singularity

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "You did what?!"

Sujin grimaces, yanking the receiver from her ear as soon as her mother's shrill voice picks up an octave on the other end of the line.

Earlier this morning, she wasn't at all surprised to be called to the front desk of the girls' boarding house. She knew it was only a matter of time before the Headmistress would tell her mother of all her... shenanigans, for lack of a better term, over the last week. And when she did, then she'd really be in for it. It certainly doesn't help that she hasn't been returning any of her calls or messages lately - again, thanks a lot, Jake! - hence why Juliette had opted for the dorm monitor's phone number this time around.

Sujin warily places the office phone back against her ear once her mother's muffled yelling dulls to the mere buzz of the receiver. Mrs Kwak watches over her actions on the other side of the desk with an undeniably piqued interest.

Why is everyone here so damn nosey?

"Yes, Mom. I got into a fight." Sujin admits through gritted teeth, "It's not a big deal though, I swear!"

"The Headmistress told me you injured the poor girl."

"I injured her?!" She sputters at the blatant lie, "That's the fattest bullshit I've heard in my entire life!"

Juliette lets out a heavy sigh, "Why would she lie, Sujin?"

"'Cause she's a bitch." Sujin answers matter-of-factly, "And her daughter's a bitch. And everyone else at this school is a bitch."

"Sujin..." Her mother warns.

"I'm serious! You've sent me to Hell, Mom."

"You're being an ungrateful brat." She hisses, "We send you to one of the most state-of-the-art schools in the world, and you choose to start fights, break the simplest rules and get on the Headmistress' bad side in under a week?! Do you have any idea how much shame you've brought to this family?"