𝟭𝟱 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Let the Record Show

CHAPTER FIFTEEN
Let the Record Show

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ Let the record show: Han Sujin has officially had it with Jake Sim

It's barely even been a week since he'd given her Strike One and already he's managed to strike her out yet another time, watch over her so intently she's convinced herself it's starting to borderline stalking and, of course, piss her off to no end in the process.

Let's rewind for a moment.

Thursday afternoon; a measly two days after the first strike. Sujin's last class of the day was AP English - bonus points to her for finally making it through a school day without getting into a fight or skipping! - with Sora at her side.

As usual, she'd kept to herself as their teacher took them through a dramatic reading and equally flamboyant analysis of Shakespeare's Macbeth. The girl then spent the remainder of the lesson drafting an essay response that was due by the end of the period; but that's not to say she was paying attention - not completely, at least. Also per usual, she took it upon herself to sneak a trusted AirPod beneath her hair and will the time away with some music.

She always concentrates better when there's a certain ambiance clouding her mind, she's found out over the years.

Though said ambiance was brought to a jarring - and very unfortunate - interruption when Jake all but dumped a heap of papers atop her desk with an annoyingly smug grin.

Thwack!

"What the fuck?!" Sujin hissed, looking up from her notebook to direct a deadly glare toward her classmate. She gestured at the work she was doing with a scowl, "Do you mind?"

"Not at all." He replied, a certain cheekiness seeping into his tone.

Evidently, the boy gets some kind of a kick out of pushing at her buttons.