𝟭𝟲 ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀Zing!

CHAPTER SIXTEEN
Zing!

★

͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏ ͏͏͏͏͏͏⠀⠀ "That class dragged on for way too long!"

The very millisecond the bell rings, Sujin and Jay are packing their belongings away at lightning speed - both equally as eager as the other to leave the classroom as their heads pound with the difficulty of this morning's lesson.

"Yeah," Sujin tugs at the strap of her bag with a huff, "About an hour too long."

Jay lets out a snicker as he holds the door open for the girl to walk through, "The class only went on for an hour, though."

"Did I stutter?" She rolls her eyes, slipping through the threshold.

Jay shakes his head with a laugh as he follows suit.

The two walk in stride down the hallway, dodging past other students in a hurry to make second period in time. If there's one thing Sujin has learnt in the last week of attending Darisan Preparatory School, it's this: no one's ever not in a rush.

"Where's your next class?" Jay asks.

"Mm..." Sujin takes a moment to refresh her memory, "Upstairs, I think. I've got Chemistry in one of the labs."

The boy lets out an impressed hum, "Look at you, already knowing your way around!" He claps her on the shoulder with a lopsided grin, "Respect, Sujin. Even I still get lost sometimes."

She snorts, "I don't find that surprising at all."

"Wowww."

The pair share a laugh at the lighthearted jab.

When they reach the end of the hallway, Sujin turns to the left to go up the staircase. She doesn't know why, but she subconsciously expects Jay to do the same. She's gotten used to the boy's company, she thinks; even if it were only for the last hour. There's a playful yet all the more mature easygoingness to his presence that calms her, almost like the sensation of a cat curled up and purring in her lap.