Baby & Come Back

It had been 3 months since I had given birth to mine and James's daughter, Calista. As much as I enjoyed being a mother, I missed the ring so much. I couldn't wait to be cleared, and return to work. I didn't have any clue on how I would juggle both work and motherhood, but I was willing to try anything. I missed seeing my coworkers, I missed my friends, I missed occasionally working with my fiancee and his friends, Chuck and Trent. It was now late August in 2023 and AEW had announced they were doing a huge event at Wembley Stadium and I asked if I could tease a come back, and Tony approved it provided I didn't do anything that would go against my doctors limitations. I was packing my bags, and Calista suitcase.

"You sure you're ready to do this? You don't think it's too soon?" James asked while rocking our daughter as I sat on the floor.

"It's only a few steps on the ramp, nothing major. I don't think that's too much. Plus imagine if we got the gang back together? The crowd would lose it." I said as I was making sure we had everything we needed.

We placed the bags by the door so when our alarm went off we could do basic tasks and then head to the airport. I nursed her, then put her down in the crib next to our bed. We both gave her a kiss on the head as she let out a little sigh. We climbed into bed and I laid my head on James's chest and fell asleep to the sound of his heart beat. I felt him kiss the top of my head. I raised my head and mumbled "I love you" into the crook of his neck. He placed his head on top of mine and mumbled "I love you" into my scalp. We fell asleep til our alarm went off.

We got up, made the bed and brushed our teeth. I did the bare minimum makeup. I glanced at my phone and saw it was already 4:30 AM. Our flight was scheduled for 6:30 AM. James picked Calista up and changed her and fed her a bottle. She looked up at him and started to cry. He looked at her and started baby talking with her.

"What's the matter? Don't you want to see Uncle Chuck & Trent? What about grandma Sue? They haven't seen you since you were born."

I stepped out of the bathroom and smiled.

"Ready?" I asked

By this time Calista had stopped crying. I picked her up while James got the bags out to the car. She started nuzzling into my chest and I figured she was hungry. I fed her and she started to go to sleep and I placed her in the car seat carrier. We drove to the airport.

(Time Skip)

We had made it to our hotel. We arrived a few days ahead of time, just because this was our 1st time traveling as a party of 3. I put our daughter on the bed. She was smiling and giggling. We ordered room service, and enjoyed our night. We had a balcony with a little patio and we spent most of the night out enjoying the views. James held our daughter and was talking to her and she was just reaching trying to touch things that were far away. I stood back and recorded a few short videos and photos, that I would post at a later date. We posed for a photo together and Calista had her eyes shut but she was laughing so I didn't mind it. I held rocked her while my fiancee was in the shower and getting ready for bed.

(Time skip to event day)

I made sure I had the diaper bag ready for anything. I had my "ring gear" in a bag, in reality it was a pair of ripped jeans with a "Best Friends & Orange Cassidy" shirt on. I stole an extra pair of James's glasses to wear plus a jean jacket. We placed Calista in her carrier and got ready to work.

(At ALL IN)

We arrived, got to our locker room. I pushed the stroller down the hallway. Calista was just kicking her legs reaching for her hanging mobile. Me and James's got changed. We sat around, until there was a knock on the door. We allowed the person to come in, and it was Tony.