A few months had passed, and it was now the last day of the school year. Kaia had her whole room packed and was set to go back home to DC tomorrow morning.

"I'm so ready for you to come back home bitchhh!!" my friend Leniya said through the phone.

"Girl yesss ! I'm so ready!" I smiled.

I hadn't seen Leniya since last summer, but she always kept in touch with me and made sure I was straight. When I was still friends with Nala, I didn't get to see her much, because Nala always would call and say she "needed me".

"Now that you finally got that Nyla bitch out of your life you can actually breathe and have some fun! I told you the dick pressed hoes ain't shit. She been weird from the jump!"

"Her name is Nala," I laughed, "And I'm not worried about her ass. Ever since she posted all that shit and moved out, my life has actually been peaceful."

boop boop booop

"Hold on, my grandma is calling me" I said, hanging up on Leniya.

"Hey grandma!"

"Hey baby!! you ready to come home?"

"I am! I miss you so much!"

"I miss you too baby! Your sister out here acting a damn fool. Brooklyn needs some sisterly guidance." she laughed .

"What did she do now??" I shook my head

Brooklyn was always in something. When she turned 14 she started running with the wrong crowds, and doing things she ain't got no business doing. I thought it was just gonna be a phase, but it's been almost 3 years and she's still cutting up.

"Chileee. Your sister done beat a girl up at the metro station, after school, and now the girl's mama wants to beat her ass!"

My jaw dropped.

Now wtf.

I rubbed my temples. "I'll talk to her this weekend grandma. I'll see y'all then."

"Alright baby, I love you!"

"I love you too!"

I packed my last bag into my trunk and went to turn in my dorm keys. On my way there, I walked past Nala, who flicked me off and rolled her eyes.

"Fuck you too bitch!" I said

Tf she thought this was.

According to her messy ass friend Nichelle, about a month after Nala moved out, she got into a huge argument with Jonathan, and he put her out of their apartment. She was lucky she was able to even get back into the dorms.

As I opened my car door to get in, someone grabbed the handle and stopped me.

"Hey Kaia."

It was Jermaine. He and I hadn't talked much since he stopped me that one night, but he managed to ask me for a pencil for notes at least twice a week.

"Hi."

"I just wanted to tell you to have a good summer... Hopefully I'll run into you again next year."

"Yeah... maybe" I waved at him as I got in my car to drive home. This was a long trip I had ahead of me.