About a week had passed since I came home. I was sitting on the edge of my bed in my towel, picking out an outfit for tonight. Leniya and I were going to a party at one of her cousins' house. It was time for me to actually start to enjoy my summer.

After 15 minutes I had finally picked out all black outfit. I put my clothes on and went to fix up my hair.

I took a few pictures and posted on instagram.

Instagram

kaia.kai224                                         Follow

kai224                                         Follow

liked by nani.staytrappin and 335 others
kaia.kai224 keep it simple.
View 89 comments
niyaaaa._ my girllll💗
vict0ria this bob is everything on you boo🖤

-

I put down my phone for a slight second just to pick it back up after seeing Leniya's name pop up.

I answered the phone.

"Hey girl, I'm about to be on the way."

"Kaia you were supposed to be here like a half an hour ago" she said while rolling her eyes.

"I know, I know, chill on me though." I laughed

"Hurry up!" she yelled

"Okay, I'm putting on my shoes right now." I said as I slipped my foot into my ricks and grabbed my keys.

Leniya hung up and I walked down stairs to tell grandma I was leaving.

"Grandma Im going out with Niya!"

"Okay baby, be safe!" she said.

"Love you!"

"Love you too baby."

After the short 10 minute drive to Leniya's house, I made sure to line my lips with brown lip liner and grabbed my purse. Leniya came outside just as I finished up and we walked to the metro station across the street. We were riding the train downtown to her cousin's house.

When we got to the house, I got a text. I looked down at my phone to see it was from Jermaine.

iMessage

Jermaine
hey! I was just checking in to see
how you're doing.

Kaia
Hey! I'm actually doing well.

Jermaine
That's good to hear. I'll let you
enjoy the rest of your day now.

Kaia
honestly, i'm about to go
to a party downtown.
Kaia
you should come... if you want

Jermaine
Wrd.
Jermaine
I'll slide through, just send
me the addy🤝

Kaia
ardd, just give me a sec

-

"Who you texting?" Leniya asked me.

"Your nosy ass" I rolled my eyes.

"Bitch please - you over there smiling and shit."

My eyes widened. "Nuh uh"

"mmhmm. must be texting some lil nigga huh."

"Since you must know, it's a new friend from
school. He actually lives out here and he's gonna slide to the party tonight."

"Okay sisss. I see youuuuu!" she laughed

"Relax ho, he's just a friend damn." I said while reaching for a cup to put a little liquid courage in.

"Don't get too lit chile" Leniya winked

what? OHH-

"girl eww!" I slapped her arm.

After an hour of singing, rapping, and shaking ass. I saw Jermaine walk in. His eyes immediately met mine and he walked over.

"Hey" he said.

"Hiii!" I smiled

"I see you're enjoying yourself." he said gesturing to the cup in my hand.

"Yeah I guess you can say that." I laughed, "You want a drink?"

"Nah I'm straight," he said.

"Well okay then"

"What influenced you to come downtown for a party?" he asked.

"Well it's my friend's cousin's party. She's somewhere over there." I said pointing in the direction of Leniya's cousin and saw Leniya close by throwing her ass in a circular motion to Travis Porter's 'Bring it back'

Jermaine laughed.

We stayed in our spot near the wall and talked about growing up in dc and why we chose UCLA for the rest of the night. Before I knew it, the party was over and everyone was clearing out to go home. As everyone else was walking out, Lil Baby's 'Freestyle' was playing. Leniya ran over to me and we started rapping it bar for bar while she recorded us.

When the song went off we laughed and then she noticed Jermaine.

"Well who is thisss." She said with a smirk

"Oh this is the boy from school, Jermaine." I said

"Hey" he waved.

"Well it sure is nice to meet you" she said while giving me that 'girl he foine' look.

"Nice to meet you too, I think it's time I head out. Can I walk y'all to your car?" he asked.

"Oh my car is parked at Niya's house, we rode the metro here." I explained

"Well I can drop y'all off at her house if you'd like."

"That's sweet, but you don't have to." I said

"It's not an issue really." he shrugged

"Well"

"Girl let your friend drive us home damnit. Ion feel like feeling with the cracked out muhfuckas right now anyway."

Jermaine laughed, come on.

We followed him out to his all black Dodge Challenger and climbed in.

"This car is nice." Leniya said.

"Thanks." he responded.

The rest of the ride we were silent, while listening to 99.5 FM on the radio.