~Jermaine's POV~

"I think the neighbors think i'm selling dope
I guess the neighbors think i'm selling dope
selling dope
selling dope
selling dope"

"JERMAINE" my dad yelled from my
doorway.

I paused J. Cole's 'Neighbors' and turned towards him.

"I need you to go to the store for me. Nelly and Janiya want some fruit."

This man really interrupted my music for some damn fruit ....

"Aight. What fruit?" I sighed.

"Ion know, just grab something so ion gotta hear they mouths all week while i'm at work."

I shook my head and grabbed my keys.

My father and I aren't exactly the closest but our relationship is good I guess. It took us a while to even get here, so I don't want to do anything to jeopardize that. He remarried after he left my mom and I don't like his wife, but my little sister is cool. She's honestly the main reason i'm okay with staying in this house while I visit.

I started up my car and headed to safeway.

After grabbing some watermelon, pineapples, and peaches, I got back in my car and turned on the radio.

'FWU' was playing again. I look to my empty passengers seat and thought of Kaia.

She's so gorgeous.

Impulsively, I pulled out the parking lot and headed towards her house.

~Kaia's POV~

I finished painting my toes and walked on the heels of my feet down the stairs. I was home alone for the day since Brook and Grandma went to my aunts house. I heard someone pull in the driveway and I peeked out the front window.

Wth-

I peeked out the curtains a second time.

The hell is he doing here...

I put on my slides, forgetting about my still damp nail polish and walked outside to his car and knocked on the passenger window.

Jermaine rowed down the window.

"Hey" he smiled awkwardly.

"Hey... what are you doing here ? I asked confused."

"I dont know... I just wanted to see you I guess."

"You guesss?"

he know he wanted to see me tf

"Yeah" he laughed.

"Well are you gonna just sit in the car quietly or do you wanna come in?"

"Shiii are you inviting me in?"

"Nigga come on." I laughed and walked towards the front door.

Jermaine locked his car and followed me inside.

"This shit kinda sweettt" he said as he scanned the main floor of my house.

"Thank you, that's all my grandma."

"Well granny know how to hook a place up."

We sat down on opposite ends of the couch in the living room and I turned on the tv.

"Whatchu wanna watch?"

"Ion know, whatchu tryna watch?"

"It don't matter to me. That's why I asked you."

"It don't matter to me either though, so whatever you want" he shrugged.

"If I knew what I wanted to watch I wouldn't have asked you."

"Don't be getting mad at me ma, i'm just saying i'm cool with whatever you pick."

I rolled my eyes. "Let's just see what my grandma bought."

I got off the couch and flipped through all the dvds she had. Eventually I settled on Halloween and went back to my spot.

"You like this movie?" I asked before I hit play.

"I've never seen it." he said looking at me.

"You capping right?"

"No" he laughed.

I shook my head and hit play.