Chapter 15

Aiden's P.O.V.

"So, you are the guy? Aren't you? I saw you with Ryan."

I look back to see who was talking. It's the same guy that Ryan totally avoided a while ago. I smile and nod.

"So, where's Ryan?" He asks shaking my hand.

"He's went to the farm. I was just wandering around. Nothing much to do you know." I shrug and say.

"The same here." He shakes his head with a small laugh. "What is your name?...I'm Cory."

"I'm Aiden. Nice to meet you Cory."

"So, can we walk and talk?" He asks.

"Sure." I say.

"I heard Ryan was working there. In the farm." Cory asks sitting on the rickety wooden bench under the trees. "You're the owner's son?"

I nod and sit beside him, afraid of the chair's ability. "Yes. This summer and that farm and the house belong to my dad."

"You're lucky, aren't you? This is really one fine place." He says taking off his glasses.

I stare at him for a while. "Maybe."

I clear my throat and finally ask out of curiosity, "Why did Ryan get angry...well, almost angry, seeing you?"

He sighs and starts wiping the glasses with the sleeve of his shirt. "We're not like best friends and he, for some reason doesn't like me."

I look at him. He is wiping the glasses furrowing his brows as if it is the most important job in the world right now. "Umm...the way he avoided you, surprised me. So, I asked. If you don't want to tell, it's okay." I say biting my lip, already regret asking that.

He finally stops rubbing the glasses and puts them on. "It's nothing serious. You can also ask Ryan."

I shrug. "I did but..never mind. It's hot outside. Wanna go inside the house?" I say raising my brows. "We can talk and maybe play some games."

He almost jumps up. "It would be cool! Let's go!"

I let out a small laugh and start walking towards the house with Cory following me.

--------------------------

"You want some cold coffee?" I ask Cory walking towards the fridge.

"That would be nice." He says standing near the front door and closing it behind him.

I stop near the counter and turn around. "Make yourself at home." I smile. "You look embarrassed. Why don't you sit there?" I point my finger at the couch.

He smiles and nods. "This is really nice. Small and quiet." He says looking around and sitting on the couch. "I like it."

I walk towards him with the coffee cups in my hand.

"Isn't it?" He asks again taking a sip from the cup.

"Maybe...."

"What is he doing here?"

I turn my head to look back.

"Why did you let him in Aiden?" Ryan asks kicking off his wet shoes near the door.

I hurriedly put the cup on the table and stand up. "Wait." I walk towards him. "I went out and I saw him there. It was burning outside, so I took him here." I whisper grabbing his arm.

Ryan keeps staring at me for what seemed like forever before almost running up the stairs to his room.

I frown hearing the door slam. I look at Cory. He already stood up. "I-I am sorry...well, don't mind him. This is my house. I can do whatever I want. Just-Just sit back." I say with my voice trembling a little.

Cory walks towards the table slowly and puts the cup back on the table. "No, it's okay." He says looking down. "I should probably go."

"Don't mind him, please." I say desperately. "And I would like to talk to you again."

"Me too, Aiden. It was nice talking to you." He again gives that smile before opening the door and walking out.

I close the door and come back to the table. I frown again seeing the half-filled coffee cup.

--------------------------

"That was rude, Ryan." I say hugging him from behind.

He turns around to face me and after a couple of pecks on my lips, he takes off his shirt. "I just don't like him."

"But he is nice, I think." I say while watching Ryan getting his towel.

"Let's not talk about it." He says standing near the bathroom door, turning on the light. "I'm gonna take a shower." He smiles at me.

I look at him and immediately look down, blushing seeing him smile. "Okay."

He chuckles and steps in and before closing the door he winks at me which makes my face feel warm.

I sit there forever in his bed waiting for him to finally finish.

"Are you done yet?" I yell at the door.

It slams open after a while and the smell of soap and shampoo hits my nose making my head spin a bit, in a good way though.

I look at Ryan who has his red towel around his waist, his attractive V-line peeking at me. I will kick you a thousand times, I say to myself.

"What are you looking at?" Ryan smirks while walking towards the mirror fixing his bangs.

"What do you mean?" I almost yell but cover my mouth hurriedly. "Nothing."

Ryan turns around, with his hand on his towel he walks towards me. My mouth drops and I look at him. He stares at me for a while and bursts into laughter. "You don't think I'm gonna drop that."

"I-I..NO..." I say loudly and stand up. "Don't ever talk to me again."

I slowly walk towards the door, really slow, just waiting for Ryan to grab me from behind.

"Aww, are you angry? You look even cuter when you're angry." He says pulling me in a bear hug from behind resting his head on my shoulder. I smile but make sure he doesn't see.

He spins me around and pouts following a kiss on my neck. "What are we gonna do later if we finish everything now?"

I am sure as hell I just turned a red tomato. "What the heck do you mean?"

Ryan blinks dramatically tilting his head. "Oh, Aiden, baby you don't know..."

He pauses and slowly a smile crosses my face. "Baby...hm-mm...great." I whisper and put my lips on his. He brings his hands to my face and my hands go to the back of his head as I press my lips harder against his, with my racing heart, feeling the warmth of his body, marveled at his smell. Holding him closer to me I try to remember if anything in my life has ever been so perfect before as our lips move in sync.

No, it hasn't.