Chapter 6

Dad called. "How is everything?" "Fine." Was my answer.
Yes, I was right. Ryan was totally avoiding me since that day. It has already been a week and we didn't talk that much. I also didn't get to know him that well. Sometimes I cooked and sometimes he did. Our conversations never lasted long. I would just chill on the couch either watching movies or playing games on my phone. And he would go to his friends or watch the farm or do something I had no idea about. So, yesterday I was behind the house, near the lake. I took off my shirt and immersed myself into the water. I swam around, enjoying the peace. Then I heard a sound of water splashing. I was staying under water but I rose to the surface to see who it was. Obviously Ryan. He was looking ahead standing waist-deep in the water by the edge. I left my shirt on the ground, so he probably knew I was there. Don't now why, I felt a bit happy to see him. He went underwater and started swimming near the surface. I did the same and saw him swimming towards me under water. I saw him breathing out small bubbles and coming towards me. He stopped right next to me and pulled his head out of the water and I did the same. It was like he hypnotized me. He flashed his white teeth. "Let's race." And I agreed. He won of course. And we both knew we had something in common, we liked a lot. Swimming.

But since that day, we are not awkward around each other anymore. Our conversations lasted and now we are playing Xbox.
"It's not fun at all. It's like I'm letting you win." He sighs and says making me groan. We are sitting on the couch and he is only like one inch away. Every time I leaned left while playing my body somehow came in contact with his and I felt chilled. So when he said he didn't want to play anymore I agreed. I didn't want to get into any awkward situations and of course not the same mistake again.

"What memories were you talking about that day?" He says leaning back to the couch leaving me frozen.

"What memories?" I pretend not to remember.

"You were upset and you said some memories make you upset...What were you talking about?" He asks crossing his legs and facing me.

I chew on my fingernails and look away. "Nothing." I say.

Out of the corner of my eye I see him staring at me. He tilts his head and moves forward a little. "You are lying, aren't you?" Ha says trying to sound sympathetic.

My blood boils and I stand up. "Why the fuck you want to know?" I shout. "You have no fucking idea and you make me feel..."

Before finishing the sentence I run upstairs leaving him speechless.

Ryan makes me feel different and I felt the same with that person around me two years ago which was without doubt the biggest mistake in my life.

Ryan's P.O.V.

What do I make him feel? He is right. I have no idea what he is talking about.
I see no point in getting angry and running upstairs only because I asked him what he was talking about and if that guy didn't act so much freaking mysterious, I could tell he was gay but I am not sure as he won't totally open up. He kept avoiding me the whole week and I pretended I didn't care but I seriously did and I don't know why I feel like I know him for years even though I just got to know him.
I have to know what his problem is. Maybe I sound nosy but I have to. I have to know why he called my name in his sleep and with the word "love"?! He involved me in this himself and now I want to know what is wrong with him...or me.

I think I should go talk to him. I already asked him about the dream and he totally lied. Some people suck at lying and no doubt Aiden is one of them. I want to ask him directly but I feel embarrassed myself. I get up anyway and walk towards the stairs. It was half past 10 and I hope he didn't fall asleep. I stand near his door and get confused again. He is already mad, now should I?
The door is open. I pull the door. " Aiden, I'm..."

He was looking at himself in the mirror. He jumps and turns around. My mouth drops seeing his chest. His shirt was pulled up and the spiral red line from right to left gives me chills down my spine. I gulp and look at him as he stared at me wide eyed. Color draining from his face but I can't keep my eyes away from the scar.
I stand there quiet and he hurriedly pulls down his shirt and runs toward me. I try to pull him away as he grabs my collars.

"Why didn't you knock? Why?" He shouts.
"Listen Aiden, the door was open and..."
"I don't wanna fucking hear you." He says and leaves my shirt. I grab my neck and look at his scared face. He wasn't angry or nervous. He was scared. He steps backward facing me and walks in his room.
All the time I stand there watching him closing the door on my face. I sigh and turn around to walk into my room. Till now Aiden amazingly hid this side of him from me.

This guy is going to stay here two more weeks and I have to find out what's all these. Strange behavior, my name in his sleep...and the scar.