Chapter 8

Aiden's P.O.V.

I close the door behind me and walk over to my bed. I lie still burying my face into the pillow. I let out a sob but grab my mouth immediately. What have I just done? I just broke a promise that I made to myself long ago. No to fall for another guy again.

He pressed me against the closet and turned me around before I could push him away. "You can't get rid of me, Aiden. I'll be yours. Forever and ever."

"No!" I screamed.

"Don't you dare move!" He shouted.

That's why I didn't want to come here. The memories haunt me and they make the old feelings come back again. I am not good at lying, I am not good at hiding my feelings, I am good at nothing. I hate myself at the moment for so easily falling for someone again. I am not going to learn from my past, am I?

Ryan purposely wanted to play truth or dare with me so that he could ask me all these. I am such a fool, I didn't realize that. Now he knows everything. That I had a boyfriend, I have a crush on him and that I am gay, all the things that I wanted to hide from him because I thought it was better that way. I knew I started liking him but all I wanted was a friendship. Yet, I don't know what had gotten into me, I wanted him to kiss me!
I had been damaged enough and just when I was getting healed, I have started damaging myself all over again.
I hid everything from everyone all these years and ultimately, the foolish me let it out to someone who was almost a stranger and...and the worst part is that I like that stranger and his kiss. "Fuck you, Aiden." I sit up and mumble to myself. "Fuck me!" For developing feelings for him.

Now, I can't keep myself away from it. It used to give me immense pleasure. I get up and walk towards my bag that was on the floor. I open it and put my hand inside the bag as my fingers keep searching for it. A sarcastic smile crosses my face as I take out the razor. My pain reliever. I am going to try it again, just once.

I walk towards the bathroom like a zombie and stand near the sink facing the mirror. "You're attractive...hmm...not bad." I hear his voice. It's inside my head. I grab my head and clench my teeth as I lift up the left hand in front of my eyes slowly. There were cuts, marks, scars before. But they were healed. Seven months ago I finally gave up doing that to myself and I am glad I stopped. I finally learned to deal with my self hate and that felt amazing. Everything was fine till I came here and met Ryan. I messed everything up, all the promises that I made to myself.
The cuts and blood, my natural pain relievers. I shift from one foot to the other and my heart starts racing. This is going to be hard.
I hold the razor on my left wrist for what seemed like forever and finally do it and with that I feel the same, so familiar pain again. I breathe heavily as I see dark red blood coming out like a waterfall and the drops soon make a red pool around the sink.
I didn't want to but I let out a bloodcurdling scream.

Ryan's P.O.V.

I make my way up to the stairs. I have decided to talk to Aiden. I take a deep breath and put my hand on the door knob. And before I could pull it, a horrible scream coming from his room make my hair stand on the end. I hurriedly pull the door open and almost fall tripping over a bag that was on the ground near the door. I look around and run towards the bathroom.

My pulse beats in my ears and I stand still near the door. I stare and just stare. That was the last thing I expected. Well, never expected.
There stood Aiden with his head down, face to the mirror, hand bleeding, blood all over the sink and on the ground.

Aiden's barely audible sob makes me move. I run towards one of the cabinets to take out the first aid box. I take a clean cloth and sitting him down on the cold bathroom floor, I wipe the area that was bleeding. I shiver as the cloth soon gets redder. I take out a bandage and cover the area. It's good that the cut is not that deep. Grabbing his arms softly, I help him to stand up. I come out of the bathroom with him holding his hand and he sits on the bed, eyes locked on the floor. I sit beside him and wrap my arms around his shoulder pulling him closer. He hides his face into my chest and let out some inhuman sobs.

Half an hour passes. I am still sat there holding him tightly as he keeps his face hidden into my chest. Finally, he pulls away and rubs his eyes. He clears his throat and looks at me. "I-I just want to be alone now. Can you please...leave?"

I nod and stand up. Before leaving his room, I walk in the bathroom and clean the sink and the floor with water and walk out with his razor in my hand. I walk near the window and throw that thing out the window.

I look at him staring at me and my heart aches seeing his eyes brimmed with tears. I stop and walk towards him. I move some hair from his face and plant a small kiss on his forehead. But he turns his face away and I let out a sigh as I walk to the door.

I close the door and walk out of his room, absolutely heart broken.

Flashbacks are in italics.

Please read and vote
https://my.w.tt/wGRcQE6s6P
Thanks. Love you all ❤️