Parade

"You want me to do what now?" Skylor asked

"You heard me right. I want you to teach me how to fight." replied Alex

It was Thursday, the day after Alex had his talk with Krux about elemental powers. It was just after his shift at the noodle house and he had just asked Skylor to teach him how to fight.

"Why do you want me to teach you? You don't plan on going all vigilante and start fighting crime during the night do you?" she asked.

"No!" Alex answered, trying to reassure her he wasn't intending to actively pick a fight or fight crime. "It's just that as an elemental master I might have to fight due to my powers and that when it happens I can actually defend myself in case my powers don't work."

He was sorta lying to her. He did intend to fight crime/villains ,but he probably would have to fight eventually due to him being an elemental master.

Skylor looked at him skeptically, probably not believing him.

"Alright I'll teach you. Meet me here in front of the noodle house on Sunday at noon. It is the only day the noodle house isn't open." she answered.

Alex inwardly cheered at the fact that she would teach him how to fight, but then a question popped into his head.

"Why isn't the noodle house open on sundays? I would have thought the restaurant would be open everyday." Alex asked

She sighed at that. "Well it was ,but then my father tried to conquer Ninjago. As you can probably guess, the majority of the workers quit so I have to work everyday .Unlike Zane though I am not a machine and need a break so the restaurant is closed on Sundays to give me the previously stated break. Does that answer your question?"

Alex nodded his head.

"Good." With that she started walking away ,but then suddenly stopped.

"Before I forgot to mention the restaurant also won't be open Saturday so you have the day off." She said, looking at me.

"Why?" Alex asked in confusion. "Are you renovating the restaurant and it's closed for that day?"

"No it's not getting renovated. The mayor of the city is throwing a big festival on Saturday to properly celebrate the win over my father. All the elemental masters were invited to be part of a parade that is planned. I would prefer not to be part of it ,but if I don't it might look like I sympathize with my father and that wouldn't look good if I did that." she answered with obvious annoyance."Regardless, enjoy the day off you. Maybe you will enjoy the parade."

"I'll try to." Alex answered, hiding his annoyance at not being able to make money that day. He was already struggling with money and now he was making even less than before.

(till Saturday evening)

The celebrations were underway. Music was being blasted through the city for everybody to hear.There were carnival games for people to enjoy though most people just ended up losing their money and getting no prize. Everywhere Alex walked there seemed to be a food vendor or a little shop that sold fun little trinkets.Most had pieces of costumes that resembled the ninja in some way. A couple shops had pieces that resembled the other elemental masters. Alex wanted to buy some of the items ,but again he still didn't have enough money for any of the things.

Alex walked to the side of the road in order to get a good view of the actual parade. It was supposed to start any minute now. At that moment, a lot of cheers started coming when a parade float went around the corner.

Alex thought the floats were really cool when he finally saw them get to him. Each individual elemental master had their own little float that represented their element. Most of the elemental masters were demonstrating their element in some form in order to awe the crowd. He eventually saw Skylor's float. It was shaped in the form of an orange crystal, obviously to represent amber. She mostly just waved at people not really wanting to demonstrate her powers. Then the cheers somehow managed to get even louder than they were before.