Greatest enemy

( A Couple weeks after the talk with Skylor)

It's been a couple weeks and Alex's days have gone by like normal. Except for that one time someone tried to rob the noodle shop. To put it bluntly Skylor and Cole who were there at the time kicked their ass. Speaking of Cole, Alex had gotten to know the ninja better quite well. Since he came to the noodle shop twice a week. He still teased Alex about their first meeting every time he came by ,but all good things must come to an end.

Alex knew the day would come. He knew he would eventually face this problem. He would have to deal with it and hope he is strong enough. The day he would face his greatest enemy.

Sickness.

Currently Alex felt and looked like shit. It was Monday and he knew that he was in no shape to even think about going to the museum. His body was simultaneously too cold yet too hot. His throat felt as dry as the sahara desert and his nose was more clogged than his toilet after Mexican food. He had a headache that was borderline a migraine. The worst part was he had no medicine to make himself feel better at all.

To summarize Alex wasn't going anywhere anytime soon. He had already called Krux an hour ago to tell him he was in no condition to work today and Krux hearing his scratchy and raspy voice didn't argue at all and said he hoped he felt better and that he would take care of tonight.

Suddenly there was a knock at the door. Alex was on edge immediately. He wasn't expecting anyone at his apartment right now. He got out of bed and even though with each step his head pounded like someone was hitting it with a hammer he crept towards the only weapon he had in his room.

A broomstick.

With this mighty weapon he would slay whoever was at the door. Which was probably an enemy since the area he lived in wasn't exactly known for being a great neighborhood. He approached the door with the intent to attack whoever was at the door.

Alex then flung the door open ready to attack and his already abysmal mood sank even more. It seemed like the universe just really wanted to screw with him today. He sadly recognized the person at the door and wished he could still attack her.

It was Misako.

She stood there with a box looking completely bewildered and also slightly amused at the scene in front of her.

" Special delivery with medicine for you." Misako said. " Though with how ready you are to attack me I would assume you are well enough to not need them." She was teasing me for the fact I held a broomstick looking like I'm ready to attack the overlord with it.

" I can assure you I do need that medicine."Alex replied with a nasally and scratchy voice. " I am shocked that you would bring me medicine considering I have talked maybe twice to you."

After Alex said that he let her into his room. He dropped the broom on the ground and went back to sitting on his bed. Misako put the box on a table and started unpacking what was in it.

"It was less me and more Dr. Saunders." She replied. " After you told him you were sick he went to a pharmacy and bought you some medicine and other things that should help you."

" Ok , but why are you here and not him?" Alex asked.

"He said that he had some last things to do at the museum and he asked me to come bring you some stuff." She replied. "Sorry, if you wanted to see him."

Alex wasn't sure what was worse. He has started to get more comfortable talking to Krux one on one ,but he still knows what the man has done and will do. It also doesn't help that Krux kept asking questions on if he had discovered his elemental powers. It almost always felt like an interrogation whenever that happened.