Chapter 1

Author's note:

So this is my first fanfiction I don't know how good it is going to be but I hope you guys like it!

----------------------------------------------

Kim stepped outside of Molly's into the cold, crisp Chicago air. She had an amazing night so far. Ruzek had thrown her a party for making it into intelligence after being shot. She had been waiting 2 years for this and it is finally happening. She still couldn't believe it.
Since Ruzek was drunk off his ass, Halstead told her he would take him home so Burgess could get some rest. She was walking to her car when she heard footsteps behind her. She turned around smiling, thinking it was Ruzek. As soon as she turned around a bag was thrown over her head and she was knocked out.

A few hours later...
Burgess woke up in pain, without knowing where she was. Her head was pounding and she had a sharp pain in her stomach. She looked around and nobody was there. She realized she was in an empty warehouse. A few feet away from her was a metal rod. She slowly made her way over to it and picked it up. Once she got a hold of it, she groaned and slowly got up. She walked over to a doorway and looked around for anybody. She heard footsteps coming up behind her and felt her whole body went numb as she fell unconcious.

Back at the 21st district...
Ruzek made his way up to the steps of the 21st District. He walked over to Sergent Platt who was standing behind the desk.

"Morning Sergent."

"Ruzek."

"Uh, did Burgess come in yet?"

"Not yet, sorry to dissappiont you."

Ruzek rolled his eyes and walked upstairs into intelligence. He sat at his desk and started up his computer. There was no case today so everybody was just hanging out today.

One hour had passed and Burgess still hadn't shown up yet. He couldn't believe she was late on her first day. He was starting to get worried so he decided to give her a call, but it went to voicemail.

"Hey darlin', uh it's me calling. Just wondering where you are. Give me a call when you get a chance."

"This is weird." He said to himself.