Chapter 4

(At the warehouse)
"Let me go!" Burgess yelled.

"Like I would just give you up that easily."

"Your shot, so you don't have much longer anyway."

"You know what bitch! That's because you were the idiot who tried to trip me and take my gun and shoot me!" He screamed in her face.

"Woah, come on man, she's just trying to get into your head." One of the other guys said pulling him away from Burgess.

"You say another word and I swear to god I will shoot him!" He yelled pointing a gun at Roman's head. "That's what I thought."

(Molly's)
"Boss, I just got a call from the guy who has Burgess and Roman." Ruzek said running over to where Voight and Halstead were.

"What'd he say?" Voight asked.

"He said that we have 24 hours before he kills her." Ruzek said, his voice filled with fear.

"Alright, you and Halstead go back to the district and have Mouse track down where the call came from."

Ruzek did what he was told and had mouse check his phone.

"Looks like it was coming from a warehouse a couple blocks away from here." Mouse told the team.

"Alright, everybody vest up, we're going down there." Voight told them.

They all made their way to the warehouse. Once they got there, they could't find any open doors so Atwater had to bust down one.

"CPD LET ME SEE YOUR HANDS." Everybody shouted.

"KIM?!" Ruzek yelled.

"I'm over here." Burgess said, barely even able to talk.

Ruzek ran over to her and bent down next to her.

"You alright." He asked softly.

"I think so, where's Roman?"

"He over there, he's unconcious."

"Oh my god." Burgess said with her eyes getting watery.

He wanted to wrap her in his arms and tell her that everything was going to be okay, but he knew that would be unprofessional, so he had to wait 'till later. For now all he could do was rub her back.

Burges and Roman were both in the hospital by now. Roman had to have emergency surgery and Burgess was just given medication for all the times she had been knocked out and beaten. Voight told Ruzek to take Burgess home and that they would take it from here. Ruzek did what he was told and drove back to Burgess's apartment. They barely made it into the door before she broke down crying. Ruzek took her in his arms and told her everything would be alright. Once she finally calm down, Burgess went into the bathroom to took a shower. Ruzek felt so bad for her. In the span of 24 hours she was kidnapped, brutely beaten, and shot at.

She came out of the bedroom in a sweatshirt and sweatpants. Ruzek noticed her eyes were red and watery, like she had just shead fresh tears. Burgess sat on the couch staring off into space, when she felt a hand stroke her back, and Ruzek sit down next to her. She couldn't help but just burst out into tears again. Ruzek pulled her into a protective hug and let her just cry into his chest.