Seven - Run

Black Cloaks P.O.V

        After ordering the pizza and buying microwavable popcorn, he began to walk back home. He realised that if any normal person that didn't know him saw him right now, the last thought on their mind would be 'evil'. It would probably be 'childish'.  He smiled, however, to know that he had his beloved pistol in his jacket and enough ammo in his pocket to kill most of the civilians in the area. But he was not a man without hunger and he liked to snack on something whilst watching his game.

        The weather was more to his taste today, although it could still change.  The weather there is as unpredictable as his moods. The sky was so dark it was almost to the point were you would need a torch at midday and the fog set thick, snaking along the empty road he now walked along. The rain fell gently from the grey sky and he pulled up his black hood, re-adjusting it every few seconds so as to be comfortable on his bald, scarred head. He had been neglected to physical extremes as a child by his parents who were poor, alcoholics and never wanted a child. Boiling water had been poured over him, scarring his face and much of his body for life, destroying any existing hair cells on his head and making it so no more could grow. People stared at him in the streets if he didn't have his hood up. He would glare back.

        Sometimes, if in a quiet place, when someone would stare and maybe insult him he would pull out his gun and watch as their eyes grew wide before he shot them. The spilling of blood never failed to make him feel better.

        The rain fell harder now and he was no longer enjoying his stroll. Gripping the popcorn tightly, he hurried back to the house and slammed the door shut loudly behind him.

        "I have the popcorn," he announced to no one in particular.

        He was childish in some of his ways, and if no one heard him, he assumed he wouldn't have to share the popcorn. He walked to their kitchen area where the table was covered in conical flasks of rainbow coloured liquids. Some poisonous, some strongly acidic and some a mix of the two made just for fun.

        He opened the microwave and took out the bowl of mushed all sorts mixed with bits of insects, another experiment, placing the popcorn inside. He pressed the necessary buttons and sat down to wait.

        It was silent as he waited and he began to tap his feet before he heard a shout from the viewing room. He ignored it, it was probably an argument over pizza toppings. He listened in, however only hearing snippets of conversation.

        "What?.......I didn't!.......not me!"

        "Key......girl...."

         "......Allen....."

        He had heard enough as he got up and headed towards the viewing room. He turned back once as the microwave beeped, grabbed the popcorn and carried on. When he walked in the room, he saw eight of his colleagues, as he called them, watching the CCTV screens in disbelief. Their argument was cut short when he entered, they turned to him with anxiety in their eyes.

        "What's happened?" he asked calmly, fearing he already knew from what he saw on the screen.

        "Sir, I-I fear that the...the captives have the key to th-their chains," The youngest of the men stuttered. His light blue eyes were wide in fear and his voice shook dangerously.

        'So young' He thought. He looked back to the screen.

        "I can see that," he replied calm still, but the fury was evident in his sharp tone.