Diagon Alley

As we got out of that train station and stepped onto the London streets, I breathed in the not-so-fresh London air. Hagrid immediately walked towards a small, grubby, pub on a corner.

"This is it," Hagrid announced to us, "the Leaky Cauldron. It's a famous place."

As we walked inside the place immediately quieted. Everybody was all over Harry, admiring his scar which he was proud to show off, and just generally fangirling over an 11 year old boy. I stood quietly to the side of him and waited as everybody slowly went back to their seats.

We talked with my new Defense Against the Dark Arts teacher and then went out the back door, which led to...

a courtyard with trash cans and weeds?

Hagrid said something to Harry, but I wasn't paying attention. Then the giant made his way to the brick wall at the back of the courtyard and, mumbling to himself, he dragged his umbrella across the bricks until he seemed to find what he was looking for. Then he tapped it three times.

The brick wall slowly quivered until a small hole appeared. The hole grew until we were standing in front of an archway to a massive cobblestone street with stores lining the sides.

I walked through the archway quickly, slightly scared it might close on me and then turned and watched in wonder as it shrunk instantly back into the brick wall it was a minute ago.

fast forward till after gringotts because that's BORING

We made our way over to Madam Malkin's Robes for all Occasions, Hagrid whispered something that I didn't quite catch and wandered off back in the direction of the Leaky Cauldron.

Harry and I walked into the store.

Immediately, a squat woman I assumed to be Madam Malkin smiled at us and said, "Hogwarts?"

I nodded and smiled at her.

A boy in the corner with a sharp jawline and slicked back blonde hair looked up.

"Hello," he said, "Hogwarts too?"

"Yup," I replied, grinning.

"My father's next door buying my books and mother's up the street looking at wands," the boy said, his voice was slightly bored sounding, like he didn't really care about this conversation, "Then I'm going to drag them off to look at racing brooms. I don't see why first years can't have their own. I think I'll bully father into getting me one and I'll smuggle it in somehow."

I smiled, he sort of reminded me of Dudley, just less pudgy. I didn't mind though, Dudley had always been scared of me. He would never bully me. The one time he did I told all his friends that he had hit a girl and he got teased relentlessly. After that, he'd mostly left me alone.

"Have you got your own broom?" he asked me.

"No," Harry answered for me.

"Play quidditch at all?" also directed at me.

"No," Harry replied for me once again.

I could tell the boy was confused at why Harry was answering all the questions, but he shrugged it off, "I do -- Father says it's a crime if I'm not picked to play for my House, and I must say, I agree. Know what house you'll be in yet?"

Another question directed at me.

"No,"

Another question taken by Harry.

"Well, no one really knows until they get there, do they, but I know I'll be in Slytherin, all our family have been -- imagine being in Hufflepuff, I think I'd leave, wouldn't you?"