Chapter 9- The Drive

I woke up the next morning on the couch, I must've fallen asleep while watching the show. I got up and rubbed my eyes as I headed to the bathroom. I locked the door and got undressed as I started the shower. As the water got warmer I hopped in and started brushing my teeth. 30 minutes later I came out of the shower and dried off. Once I deemed myself dry enough I went into my designated bedroom and got dressed for the day which consisted of light blue ripped jeans along with an oversized AC/DC black tank top and black combat boots. I walked out of the bedroom and into the kitchen where Belch and Victor had resided in making breakfast. I quietly and respectfully walked past them and opened the pantry finding the cinnamon toast crunch I wanted and made myself a bowl.

"Hey Alice, me and the guys were gonna go for a drive later on. Did you want to come with us?" Belch asked me as I sat down in one of the dining room chairs and started eating my breakfast. I stayed silent for a second to think about the offer. For once I wanted to do something besides listening to my walkman and staying in my room.

"Sure, why not?" I shrugged as I continued to eat my cereal. Once finished, I cleaned my dishes and left them on the drying rack. I went out to the back porch and sat on the concrete stairs and took in the June sun. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. I slowly opened them and stared at the clouds for a few moments before returning inside.

"You okay Alice?" Victor asked as I entered the dining room that was connected to the backdoor.

"I'm fine." I said quickly as I made my way past him and to my room. Victor grabbed my arm with his soft hands.

"I know you're not, it's fine you don't have to right now but please out of all us you can trust me." Victor said with a hint of concern in his voice. I simply nodded my head and mouthed the words I wanted to say instead of using my voice. I threw my arms out of his soft grip and went into my room. I laid down on the soft bed, covering myself with the blankets and comforter. I sighed as I closed my eyes as I imagined what I wanted to dream about, hoping it would actually happen.

Three hours later I heard a knock on the door and opened my eyes.

"It's open." I said as I sat up on the bed and rubbed my eyes. As the door opened, Patrick stopped into the room.

"Hey...We're gonna be heading out soon so get your ass up." Patrick said with a smirk. I smiled at those words and gave a small chuckle.

"Okay I'm coming don't get your panties in a knot." I chuckled and got out of bed and tied my converses on before I stepped out into the living.

"Oh cool you're finally ready. Come on lets go." Henry said as he walked outside. Me and the others just kind of stared at each other in confusion. Henry then opened the door and popped his head in.

"Just kidding by the way, quit being sensitive." Henry said as he closed the door once again. This time we all just shrugged and followed him out. As always Belch got in the drivers seat and Henry slid forward the passenger seat so Me, Patrick and Victor could climb into the backseat. Once we all got in Belch started the car and turned up the radio before he started to drive. The rest of us opened up the roof of the Pontiac and smiled as the wind hit our faces and blew our hair around. As we started driving by downtown I stood up and opened up my arms as I smiled.

"WHOOHOO" I shouted as we passed by the movie theater and pharmacy. The guys laughed at this. Patrick then stood and did the same thing. After a couple minutes Vic got the courage to do so as well. After driving for a while we stopped at the kissing bridge and Belch pulled over. We all piled out of the car and sat on the fence where couples had carved their names into the wood. It was almost dark and the sun was almost setting. The sky had turned a bright beautiful pink. I smiled as I looked up at it. Thinking this is better than what I had just a few days ago. Maybe hanging around these guys wasn't so bad after all.