Chapter 1- Pain

Hi, my name's Alice. Alice Jones to be more specific. I'm gonna tell you about my summer, the worse one of my life. It all began on the last day of school. It was okay, the last day of school. It was like any other school day in Derry, Maine. Kids were emptying out their back packs in the trash. School was fun to me. Just a bit different than the rest of the year though. Ever since my parents died. I have gone through rough times. My older siblings hurt me every day. As I emptied out my back pack that day, I got that feeling that someone was watching me. I felt a soft tap on my shoulder. As I turned my head around, for a split second I saw who it was, my big brother, Harry. As soon as I turned around I felt a pain in my right cheek. He had punched me in the face. I fell onto the concrete sidewalk.

"Where are you off to now, little one?" Harry asked smirking.

"No where." I said in a demanding voice.

"Good, you know what time it is then." Harry said smirking. Then Cj, my sister, grabbed me. She kicked her knee into my stomach multiple times. I gasped as she did it. I felt like I was throwing up. Then Harry pushed me to the ground, again. I held my tears back. As they left I got back up. I knew they would be waiting for me back home. So, I decided to do something very risky. Not coming home after curfew. I knew where I would go. As I walked away from school, towards the woods, I passed four older boys. They looked about sixteen or seventeen. Just three years older than me. They looked at me as I passed, smirking. I turned my head a little to see them. But, I just ignored them and walked quicker. As I went farther away from school, I went more into the woods. That was the only way to get to the river. My only happy place, where I can be myself. Where no one will or can care. As I reached the river, I let my tears fall off my face. My mascara going with my tears. I turned my arm around, so I can see my scars that I have given my self. I remember the pain of it all. Then I heard the bushes rustling. I knew it was not the wind.....