Chapter 4-The Lullaby

There was at least 10 beer bottles on the table. Harry and Cj have been drinking, again. I had an enormous fear of alcohol. So I just looked at the beer bottles and started to hyperventilate. Then, as soon as I knew it, I was slapped across the face, hard. 

"How dare you not come back when it was curfew, you know the rules Alice....and you just broke one of them." Harry yelled. I just kept my face turned to the side, my eyes closed. Harry put his fingers around my neck and squeezed it. I opened my eyes put both of my hands on his wrist. He lifted me up into the wall.

"Why are you doing this?" I managed to say, tears falling on my cheeks.

"Because I hate you, Alice." He responded. I kicked my foot into his head and he let go of my neck. I dropped on the floor and coughed. I quickly got up and ran into my room. I closed the door and locked it. I grabbed the phone in my room and dialed Henry Bowers's number. I put the phone up to my ear and heard the dial tone. 

"Hello?" a faint and static voice said.

"Is...Is this Henry Bowers?" I asked.

"No, this is his father." Said the voice.

"Can you put him on, please?" I asked quickly making it sound as urgent as possible.

"Sure, just a sec." Mr.Bowers said. 

"Who the hell is this?" Henry said.

"H..Henry, I'm scared. Can you come and get me p..please."I said quietly crying.

"Why, what's happening?" Henry asked.

"M...my b...brother tr...tried to k...k...k..kill me." I stuttered. I heard a bang on my door.

"Can you hurry?" I asked.

"Yea, just hang in there okay." Henry comforted.

"Okay." I said as I hung up. I turned around and my eyes widen. I put my hand over my mouth. There was a shrine of me, but all my faces were crossed out with red paint. I looked over at my mirror and was in shock. It said 'Bye Bye Allie!'. It was written in red lipstick. I backed up against my closet and cried. I felt like I was going to actually die. Then in the darkness in my closet, stood a figure with a very sharp knife. I moved quickly but got a pretty nasty cut on my shoulder. I screamed and ran out the door. I turned my body and started walking backwards. I saw Cj come out and started coming towards me, coming closer and closer every second. I backed up. I tripped on one of the steps to the stairs. I tumbled all the way down the stairs.

"OH." I yelled as I reached the bottom of the stairs. I could barely move. I crawled all the to the front door. I backed my self on the wall. I used my only free arm to open the door. As I ran out of the house, I heard sirens and started seeing blue and red lights.

"ALICE!" I heard a voice scream. I quickly ran as fast as I could.

"HENRY." I yelled, I ran into his arms. I cried into his chest. He put his arms around me.

"Hey....Hey, shhhhhh it's okay, it's okay. It's over now, it's over now." Henry said as he rubbed my back gently. I cried harder, just thinking about it.

"Just close your eyes, the sun is going down. You'll be alright, no one can hurt you now. Come morning light, you and I will be safe and sound." Henry sang to me. His voice was so beautiful.

"Get her to the car and put a lot of pressure on the wound." He said. Patrick picked me up bridal style and brought me to the car. He put me in the back seat. Victor put pressure on my shoulder.

"482 Redwood Lane." I said, in my family that is a safe house.

"Where Alice?" Victor asked.

"482 Redwood Lane." I repeated. As soon as my house was out of view, every thing went black.