1.

📖📖📖

"Are you not gonna sleep yet?"

"Later, Mom."

"But it's already 3 am," his mother said, her confusion evident through a tired yawn. She had likely just woken up to check if her son was finally asleep.

Jimin glanced at his phone screen to confirm the time.

Jimin nibbled his bottom lip, his gaze fixed on the glowing digits.

3:15 am.

He surveyed the unfinished work before him, a charcoal portrait that held the key to his dreams. His client expected it by 8 am, leaving him with barely 5 hours to complete it.

Rubbing his nape with concern, he glanced at his mother, who observed him with a mix of worry and maternal understanding.

"I'll finish it, Mom. It's almost done anyway," he assured, forcing a tired smile.

His mother nodded, closing the door to Jimin's room, trusting in her son's determination.

Jimin sighed, exhaustion evident as he massaged his temples.

Returning to his art, he focused on the intricate details, each stroke telling a story of determination and sacrifice.

Charcoal on paper, the medium that bridged his passion and financial constraints. Jimin, an aspiring architect, fueled his dreams through commissioned artwork.

This piece wasn't just about lines and shadows; it was a manifestation of resilience, a brushstroke towards a future he dared to craft against all odds.

As he meticulously worked, memories of scholarship applications and failed part-time job attempts flooded his mind. The full scholarship offered a lifeline, covering tuition but leaving him to navigate the financial tightrope for art supplies.

His eyes closed briefly, a moment of reprieve from the relentless pursuit of his dreams.

After completing the portrait, Jimin sighed in relief, grateful for the silent companionship of the moon as he navigated the delicate balance between passion and survival in the quiet hours of the night.

Jimin's tired eyes shifted to his phone as it pinged with a new email notification. Exhausted curiosity turned into elation as he opened the message that held the verdict of his dreams.

Subject: Congratulations, Jimin! You're In!

His heart raced as he read the words, each line lifting the weight of financial worries off his shoulders. The email detailed his acceptance into the architecture program, securing his path toward a brighter future.

Tears welled up in Jimin's eyes, not just for himself but for his family. The middle child among five siblings, he had carried the burden of dreams not just for his own sake but as a beacon of hope for his family.

He rushed to share the news with his mother, who was now awake, preparing breakfast with the same resilience she had instilled in her children.

"Mom, guess what?" Jimin's voice trembled with excitement.

His mother turned, eyes reflecting the fatigue of countless sleepless nights. "What is it, Jimin?"

"I got in, Mom. I'm accepted into the architecture program!" The words hung in the air, a testament to perseverance and the triumph of a family's sacrifices.

His mother's tired eyes sparkled with pride and joy, the weight of their financial struggles momentarily lifted by the promise of a better tomorrow.