Beginning of the War

Standing in the docks of Fuyuki city, was a handsome knight with two spears wrapped in cloth, one longer than the other. This servant was the one who issued the challenge several minutes prior, and now he was simply waiting for a challenger. And now, he felt a presence, it was strong for sure, the unfiltered resolve that radiated from the servant. But he was knight, and a knight doesn't back down from a challenge. Especially if their the one who issued said challenge.

The knight waited in the middle of the road, feeling the pressure slowly get closer, till it was only a few metal crates away. Tightening his spears instinctively, the knight watched as two figures come out from behind a metal crate. A decently tall man dressed in white and grey, and a short girl dressed in all white white.

"Such an aura, it wouldn't be a stretch for me to say your a knight?" Said the knight, "It makes sense for someone like you to accept my challenge."

"You would be correct, and I take your also a knight Lancer." Said Ky as he motioned for Irisviel to stand behind him.

"Correct Saber, to partake in a duel to the death but not exchange our names as fellow knights... it ruins my enthusiasm."

"Nonsense Lancer." Ky said, as he began to open the box he carried, revealing the Magnolia Eclair II inside. Taking the sword out of the box, Ky twirled it thrice before he pointed it at Lancer. The attire that he wore replaced in a flash of light as his uniform took its place.

"I have acknowledged your challenge, that is more than enough for me to go all out. Besides, this brings back some memories."

A small chuckle came from Lancer as he got into a fighting stance,

"Well then Saber, from one knight to another, do you accept my challenge."

Getting into his one stance as lightning crackled along his blade,

"I Ky Kiske, First King of Illyria, accept your challenge Lancer!"

Everyone that was there to witness this duel was surprised at the sudden revelation of the saber class servant's true name. Tightening the grip on his spears, Lancer met Ky's gaze as time seemed too slow. Both servants searching for a possible opening, and in a blink of an eye, they disappeared. In the next moment, the two servants appeared once more as their weapons clashed.

Unbeknownst to anyone on the docks, multiple people were viewing the battle. Kiritsugu kneeled atop a metal crane far above the battlefield. Following the servants movement through the lens of sniper scope.

"Maya, be on the lookout for Lancer's master." he whispered into a microphone.

From the top of red bridge far away from the docks, a small man clung to metal framing of the bridge. Calling out to the large grizzled man sitting cross legged next to him,

"Rider!"

"Quiet boy!" the large man used. "Look! Things are finally getting interesting!"

The master of the large servant looked to where he was pointing too, but of course could not see anything. Letting out a loud and excited laugh, Rider said from the top of his lungs,

"Now I'm getting pumped up!"

And from within the mansion of the mage family known as Tohsaka, a man in a dark priest outfit stood in a dark empty room. Eyes closed as he shared his vision with one of the many sentries he sent out. Moments later, he opened his eyes and said,

"The first battle of the holy grail war... has begun."

Lancer struck first, using both his spears in combination of both swift stabs and powerful strikes. Each blow came immediately after another, creating a near endless whirlwind of spear strikes. Caught in middle of such power, Ky expertly dodged all strikes he could, and parried ones that he couldn't. This deadly dance continued, neither combat was tiring, but both of them knew if either one were to falter, it would have devastating effect.